TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 November 2015
This book is more of a short story and a prequel to the events that will happen in the next books. I prefer my books to be feature length, rather than the snippets that some Kindle books are broken into these days, but I accept that perhaps in the competitive world of self-publishing, these smaller portions are necessary, so I haven't allowed that to affect my rating. It is packaged into the boxset of books 0-3 (4 volumes), so I'll be picking that up now to get the full story.

It took me about 30 minutes to read Contamination Zero, but it was an enjoyable thirty minutes full of action, with a good hint at a conspiracy and mystery to come in the next books. It set up the scene well, with police officer Dan having to deal with a town that has fallen prey to a fast-spreading disease that turns the populace into mindless "shadows". It has it's own twist on things as these aren't typical zombies, and the book makes it obvious early on that there is a greater plot in play.

The writing is pretty simple and plain and it seemed a little stilted and confusing in the first few pages, but it flowed easier towards the end. The plot is compelling and the characters easy to empathise with so far - so I'm enjoying it a lot, and looking forward to the next volume.
on 10 January 2015
Once again.....superb book...sorry I have finished reading. I was there with the characters so well written. Read all the series now. I'm a bit lost for what to read next
on 13 March 2017
I have the box set 0-3 but just wanted to say what a great start to the series. Filled with tension and mystery and realistic characters.

Strong stuff, brilliant writing.

You will be hooked - highly recommended.
on 3 February 2014
I really enjoyed this taster novel. Great pace, great tension and an interesting storyline so far. I bought the box set and am now sitting down to enjoy book 1 .
on 12 November 2013
...and a Stephen King reader, this is a well written and absorbing book. I'll be looking for others in the series after reading this.
on 2 July 2014
If you've already purchased Contamination books 1-3 there's no need to order this one, Book Zero as it is already in the boxset. This is a great introduction into the Contamination series. It has a great story, likable characters and its free. If your a fan of zombies give it a go, I really enjoyed it.
on 6 July 2014
A book which makes one uncomfortable. The start is slow and convoluted but then it really does take off. Not sure if I liked it or not but it was a good story. I think I shall try the series and see if the story continues as well as this
on 3 October 2014
It was a bit like an excerpt from the "I am Legend" story. But well written and quite gripping. Good character development. Very enjoyable read if you like the zombie apocalyptic genre. I would recommend this.
on 11 June 2014
I didn't know whether I would enjoy this and it was a very short book but for free what can I say?! I've now bought the other 3 books in the series. I loved the twist on the usual zombie outbreak story. A great read.
on 2 May 2014
A good read has you hooked from the beginning,and the mystery is who is doing it and why.book has Gore and quite a few deaths you don't think will happen looking forward to next book