Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.14

on 14 August 2014
This book was simple to understand and kept a good pace. The language wasn't technical but plain and easy to understand. The plot was kept together by the realistic and close bond developed in its characters. I really enjoyed reading it and hope to find more to read by this author.
on 4 April 2015
I really enjoyed this! Found myself actually rooting for the people in the hotel, getting attached to them then getting hit hard if someone got sick! I also enjoyed the little twist on the virus that I won't elaborate on for spoilers. Great book! Will look out for more from this author.
on 18 July 2014
Jacqueline Druga has once again reminded us that she is the Queen of the Apocalyptic story. It starts with a 'tickle' at the back of the throat...and then plummets rapidly downhill towards death...great!

If you've never read Jackie's books...what're you waiting for?
on 28 May 2015
It started off well , so after reading the sample I decided to buy it. It had the promise of being exciting. The middle of the book was repetitive, it just went on and on. Nothing really happened! The author tried to create cliffhangers but they just fell flat , as what she wrote was predictable.

After a while , about the in the middle of the book , there was no continuity. The story was just all over the place.

The book got very 'touchy-feely ' regarding the characters, in a way that a young teenager would write about emotions. Not fresh, but rather childish and immature.

The ending was very 'Fairytale ' like. It was also very abrupt.

The author writes like a teenager writing a story for a school essay. And the teacher's comment would be 'Try harder' !

There is no maturity about her writing , her story , or the way it is presented . It is very amateurish. And extremely boring! It appears to me that she is churning out books simply to make money and not because she is an artist .

This is the worst book I've read in a long time. It was a waste of time and money. Infact after a while it was so bad (and predictable) that I was skimm-reading. I wish I hadn't even wasted my time doing that!

I would never ever read a book by this pretend author again , even if it were free!
on 8 August 2014
A good apocalyptic storyline with some well-developed characters and events, but in truth this reads like an early draft of a novel which requires further work before publication. I say this simply because there are many errors in the writing and it's such a shame because it's a good story and they would be SO easy to sort out.

For example, the 'contiguous' virus - shouldn't that be contagious?

A character called Joel - or should that be Joe? Amita or Amrita? Who knows, names changed with careless abandon. The editor should have noticed.

"We ran initial results on all 281 samples" - did they run tests or look at results? You can't run a result.

"Their keeping us in the dark" - basic errors like this should have been picked up before publication.

"The younger President looked worn as if he had aged ten years." Younger than whom? Was there an older president?

There were many examples of mis-placed and superfluous commas, e.g. "It was when she grabbed the clipboard, that she heard a rattling, it was steady, like a drum."

These are just a few examples.

I love PA fiction and this has a good and fairly original plot (though somewhat disjointed in the telling), and I read to the end. It is a character-driven plot and I did get to like / appreciate some of the characters, who were mostly stuck in quarantine in a hotel while the world went to pot, although maybe this was not such a bad thing for some of them.

I found the dialogue, of which there is a great deal, rather stilted, non-flowing and confusing although that might be a matter of personal taste or cultural differences. I kept having to look things up, for example the 'Ben Gay' that was referred to frequently is some sort of natural headache medication, I think.
on 23 July 2014
Although this is not my typical book (no zombies) this book kept me hooked right the way through, the characters are all brilliant, yes there are a few spelling errors but they are minor, please go out and buy this book!
on 11 October 2014
The title of this book says it all! It's contagious!! I couldn't put it down. It wasn't the most well written book I've ever read, however the characters were easy to love and root for. I'd rather like a follow up, it has serious potential for a series!
on 14 August 2014
Really enjoyed this, Druga back to her best. I have found her last few books focused too much on the good versus evil religious end of days slant and some of her main characters flawed to the point of unlike able. I enjoyed this, and loved the final twist. More please!
on 15 November 2014
I love books like this. The World is at an end. I always believe in not if, but when. I truly believe that one day we will destroy our World. Weather I live to see that day or not, I don't know. I just love these types of books where everything is dying or dead and you just want to fight for the survivors. Brilliant book.
on 14 June 2015
I love Jacqueline Druga's work, this was not my favourite, I didn't feel the connection with the characters as strongly as her other books. Didn't feel it was a page turner as much as previous books. I was disappointed in this book.