- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Construction Mathematics Paperback – 9 Jan 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This is an excellent resource for construction students with step by step instructions helping them to understand and enjoy mathematics. Each chapter has an instruction and methodology section with solutions and testing at the end enabling individual tracking and progression. This book will help my students improve their numeracy skills to achieve their diploma qualification.' Michael Cook, Lecturer, The Sheffield College
'Construction Mathematics has proved to be an ideal text for Construction and Civil Engineering students at National Certificate level, whilst providing Undergraduates with a well laid out revision text. The logical progression of ideas and the simple and clear examples prove valuable to students as they pass onto a higher level of study' Derek Spalton, Senior Lecturer, University of Derby
About the Author
Surinder Virdi is a lecturer in construction at South and City College Birmingham. He worked as a structural engineer for a number of years before starting his teaching career in further education. He has been teaching mathematics, construction science and construction technology on BTEC National and Higher National courses for the last 25 years.
Roy Baker spent forty years teaching mathematics, construction science and structural mechanics at the City of Wolverhampton College before retiring in 2005. He now works as a visiting lecturer.
Narinder Kaur Virdi is a programme manager at the South and City College Birmingham and is responsible for managing the provision of basic skills. She worked as a biochemist for a number of years before becoming a trained teacher. She has been teaching literacy and numeracy for the last 15 years.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > School Books
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics