- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 5111 KB
- Print Length: 106 pages
- Publisher: Advanced Vivarium Systems; Updated ed. edition (31 July 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008QXCHUO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #342,235 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£7.59|
Save £0.64 (8%)
Boa Constrictor Manual (Advanced Vivarium Systems) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
- General Information
- Before you Buy
- Selecting a Boa
- Heating & Lighting
- Breeding Columbian Boa Constrictors
- Diseases & Disorders
Each section covers everything you need to know to keep a boa as a pet, it also has quite a good section on breeding if you were thinking of trying that - although do breed responsibly and be aware that large litters can sometimes be difficult to sell in the UK and require extensive maintenance and feeding. What it doesn't include is that much information on boa localities, morphs or the genetics of breeding (although it does have some very nice locality pictures), but it does tell you everything you need to know in regards to husbandry and health, applicable to BCI, BCC, or most boa localities and is possibly one of the most in depth resources for care in captivity.
I particularly like the "troubleshooting" health guide which is a handy resource for quickly identifying possibly problems and treatments or in helping to realise a snake needs veterinary treatment. Of course we all hope our snakes will never get ill but if they do, it helps a lot to know what to look for.
There is a small section on "the law" which does not apply to the UK, as this is a USA published book, so don't panic if it talks about checking for "licenses" etc - this only applies to some states in the USA and is not applicable to the UK. Some of the information is a little dated and targeted towards the USA.
Overall definitely worth a read, and a valuable resource to anyone who keeps boa constrictors.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Reptiles
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets > Reptiles & Amphibians