on 20 June 2017
Typical F Paul Wilson, fantastic
on 16 April 2013
Yet another enjoyable Repairman Jack novel! Will be looking forward to reading more in this series... 4 more words required...
on 11 December 2000
Now I do enjoy the continuing story of this Blue-Collar Superman and I was very happy to see the follow-up to Legacies. Even more so when it brings him into contact with Rasalom (aka Sal Roma)... the concept that all the worlds mysteries are part of one unification theory is inspired and I enjoyed the aggressive politics surrounding each theorists pet conspiracy. It was written as well as we have come to expect from Mr Wilson but there were one or two jarring notes on characterisation. Firstly, the inclusion of the "Blues Brothers" as agents of the forces of order was completely out of place with the rest of the subject matter. Secondly,(and there's no easy way to say this) Rasalom was a wimp. He seemed to develop levels of introspection and downright fear which belied his allegedly mighty powers and machiavellian thought processes - In all of the other books where he appears, he demonstrates the solid sense of purpose and total arrogance which befits such a complete git. Perhaps he just hadn't been well lately.... Thirdly and finally, Jack got his ass whipped by virtually the whole ensemble (I'm sure one of the room maids in his hotel might have let him get away with a small kicking but we weren't told about that) WAKE UP! this is Repairman Jack we're talking about here! OK so I'm not the author and he has earned the right to put anything he likes in his books but I don't have to like it. Anyway, grandstanding apart, I can still recommend this book because, as with all his others, it's difficult to put down once you pick it up. See what you think and while we're on the subject, try the new one (All the Rage).
on 5 January 2013
I came upon Repairman Jack when I read The Barrens and Others, which was recommended by Charles De Lint in the Nov edition of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Digest that I subscribe to on the kindle. I'm now on about book 10/11 of this series and can definitely say they worth buying - and the price is reasonable to.

In this book you find out about the otherness and there are a lot of supernatural going ons.
on 4 March 2013
Excellent and worth the money. Would recommend to anyone that enjoys fantasy, horror, and a ridiculously intelligent and brilliant main character who is the ultimate good guy gone rogue.
on 27 August 2013
Wilson does his thing again, the plot keeps up and is well paced, with Jack at his characteristic terse best.
(Why is this not availlable as an audiobook title, though??)
on 18 March 2013
Again I will say it's churned out. Rasalom plays a poor part. I feel like characters are invented to fit a situation other than a book being built around characters.
on 15 November 2013
Another excellent read ....looking.forward.to.All.the Rage :)
Conspiracies was insightful as the the methodology of Repairman Jack begins to unfold in this book.
on 7 February 2013
F Paul Wilso never fails to delight with his books. I had not read them for ages when I found a copy of the Keep in a charity shop and now I am hooked!!!
on 18 February 2013
If you've never read repairman jack before your in for a rare treat, F Paul Wilson always delivers, you'll want to read all the series.