Conservation Monitoring in Freshwater Habitats: A Practical Guide and Case Studies Hardcover – 21 Dec 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The predicted changes to global weather patterns and increases in the human population will put unprecedented pressure on European freshwater habitats and the species that depend on them. Our success in conserving the ecological value of these habitats will depend greatly on carefully planned conservation management integrated with efficient and reliable monitoring.
Conservation Monitoring in Freshwater Habitats focuses on the need to develop clear, site-specific, conservation management goals; something rarely considered in previous publications on freshwater monitoring. The early chapters explore the use of biological indicators for monitoring and provide practical guidance for developing and implementing efficient and reliable monitoring projects. The remainder of the book is dedicated to a series of carefully selected case studies illustrating best practice in both decision-making and application across a range of habitats and species.
This timely book will provide a valuable reference for students and researchers in biological and environmental sciences, and for practitioners working in government departments, conservation organisations and ecological consultancies. It will be an essential resource for anyone working towards fulfilling the requirements of both the Water Framework Directive and the EC Habitats Directive.
About the Author
At the beginning of 2009, Michael Schneider left Silicon Valley technology firm Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati to found HiveBrain Software. HiveBrain publishes a variety of applications on the iTunes App Store, the most notable of which, TouchType, peaked at #13 in the U.S. App Store. Michael continues to practice law under the name Bitwise Legal, focusing on software and interactive media clients. Notable clients include Bungie and Innerfence. Follow Michael on Twitter @hivebrain.
Cowx is with Hull International Fisheries Institute.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment