- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1798 KB
- Print Length: 282 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1494341670
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DE3MJ8G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #796,777 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.49|
Save £6.39 (75%)
Consensual (Club Imperial Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The thing I liked about this book is that Ms Rhodes is not an apologist for the characters. She allows us to see Nate's initial aversion to the BDSM lifestyle before he gradually tests the waters only to realize that he likes it. She also allows us to see Emmy's skepticism of the vanilla world, BDSM being the only lifestyle she knows, before she gives up a little control to Nate. She allows us to see Emmy's insecurities letting us to draw our own conclusions about her. At the end of the day, it is really about trust. Strong but vulnerable Emmy. Sweet but commanding Nathaniel. What a combination!
Ms Rhodes writes very well. Subtle but packs a punch that stays with you even after the last page of the book has been turned or even after probably your nth mug of coffee or cup of tea.
There are those who don't like cliffhangers. I'm not bothered with cliffhangers in books that are written as a series. This is one of them. I am chafing at the bit waiting for the next book!
Ms Rhodes is definitely one author to follow.
- Unlike many of these erotic novels, the 'dominant' in the BDSM relationship was female rather than male;
- There were several strong story lines that did not rely totally on the sex scenes;
- The sex and BDSM scenes were very good.
What I didn't like about the book:-
- Even though the main male character was the 'sub', he was still rich and money was no object (a la FSOG etc.);
- Apart from a few minor typos and missing words, there was a major error in the story. On page 165, the main character Emmy says to 'boyfriend' Nathaniel - 'Chantal wants to know if you want to go out again this Friday. Apparently she and Tyrone had a great time with us last week'. ONLY THEY DIDN'T, COS THE FOUR OF THEM HAD NEVER BEEN OUT TOGETHER BEFORE. We didn't even know Chantal's new boyfriend's name by this time and Emmy and Nathaniel had only been 'dating' a couple of times themselves. Whether this was an incident featured in a different edition (I noticed there is a 'VIP Edition' of this book) I don't know but it really jumped out at me;
- [SPOILER ALERT] Also want to know how two men, one of whom has been banned from the club and the other who is not a member managed to get in to Emmy's room at the Imperial without being stopped by security!;
- The story was left on too much of a cliffhanger so you feel almost obliged to purchase the next book.
Without these issues, particularly the story line failure, would probably have been a five star rating. As it is, still looking forward to reading the second book.
Although there is plenty of hot sex, this story is about so much more. It's a story about trust, overcoming your past and allowing yourself to have the future you're not convinced you deserve. It ends in a cliffhanger that will have you YELLING "NOOOO," but you will not be able to put this book down.
Emmy Westerly begins a new job at Walsh Distribution and becomes involved with Nathaniel Walsh. Emmy is running from her past and uses her lifestyle to compensate for the lack of control she had growing up. She needs control and routine to balance her demons. Nathaniel questions her lack of commitment to him but is curious about her lifestyle and wants to learn more about it, and her. His feelings and thoughts are true to "real-life," the same as any of us who are not in the lifestyle, would feel. Because of this, you will have no problem relating to these characters. Their journey of discovery is emotional and hot.
This book is very well written. There's something for everyone; romance, corporate espionage, fraud, mystery and suspense. The characters are likable and grab you from the very beginning. You get caught up in their journey to find happiness while getting a look into the psychology of this lifestyle. I cannot wait to read the next book. Emmy and Nathaniel both deserve to be happy and you'll be rooting for their HEA!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Cant wait to read the next one. So capturing couldn't put my phone down. Emmy & nathaniel. Im banking on them.Published 15 months ago by Taybook
This story from the get go had me on the edge of my seat. I have read BDSM books from the woman's point of view bring the sub not the other way around and i must admit to being a... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Tisha
BRILLIANT.....BDSM from the other side. The story line in this book is varied and well written.
I really enjoyed this book. Read more
Really well written story with great characterisation. Difficult to put this book down.Published 17 months ago by JB