- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Conquest of Happiness (Routledge Classics) Paperback – 1 Feb 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'He writes what he calls common sense, but is in fact uncommon wisdom.' - The Observer
About the Author
Bertrand Russell (1872-1970). A celebrated mathematician and logician, Russell was and remains one of the most genuinely widely read and popular philosophers of modern times.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The edition you really want, and no other, is the Routledge Classics edition: The Conquest of Happiness (Routledge Classics)
Disregard any other edition you find, it is most likely not the edition you're looking for! (I found out the hard way...via a refund process)
I was disappointed that this book was not the original. After reading through the chapters, it appeared that this book was written by someone else summarising Bertrand's ideas; he uses his own style and reads like a self-help book. He does make it more current by giving examples from our time which is good. When I bought this book I expected it to be that written by Bertrand Russell and was interested in how he writes his thoughts. If I just wanted a summary of the ideas I could have found them on the internet or youtube.
Overall it was still a good read.
WRONGLY DESCRIBED IN THE ADVERTISEMENT AND TOTALLY MISREPRESENTED.
VERY WRONG AND POOR SERVICE FROM AMAZON.
If the edition you are looking at says "Timeless Concepts for Today" on the cover and is published by "Media Eight Self-Help Classics" then DO NOT BUY IT.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources > Study & Teaching
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Philosophers