on 1 December 2015
I ran some software on my smart phone to see what current I was getting. The claim of 2.4 or 2.1 amps is total rubbish, as even though there was only one phone attached, it could not draw more than 1400mA. If I use the standard charger, it draws 1800mA. With two appliances plugged in, it reduces to a pitiful 800mA. So, no, not a good product, and it does not do what it claims.
The reason I still give it two stars is that it is still fine if you want to charge a phone/tablet overnight. But if you want a quick charge, you're much better off using the original charger with one of the sockets...!
on 20 February 2015
As others have already said - wired in correctly - power restored, and the usb ports cause a trip and then don't work. Major fail. Power sockets still work fine but USB useless. Shame as a brilliant idea. Very disappointed.
on 3 March 2015
Do not buy this. Wired it in. Turned on power switchand a large flash came from the right power socket. It tripped my RCD switch. Burn marks on the back of the socket. It may have a British safety rating stamped on it but I would not buy this again. I am not sure where you would stand with your home insurance company if this device was the cause for your house to burn down. You have been warned.
on 23 February 2016
I have been using these for 6 months now – Excellent, charges everything, iPads, all phones, tablets, power bank and my wireless portable hard drive. I was extremely impressed how slim the electrical components at the rear are and they are neatly arranged allowing for a straight swap over with an existing socket covers.
The front fascia is a bit plain and basic which disappoints as I forked out for nice looking sockets and switches for down stairs. But it is a solid piece of kit. Docked one star as I feel £44 for two covers is expensive, eventually the price will drop – as soon as they get to around £8/£9 I will kit out every room.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 September 2015
These sockets are great as they matched the existing sockets in my home. The price point is good and its easy to fit these as long as you know how to fit a normal plug socket (there is no difference).

I would have given five stars BUT i have had to return two sockets for exchange after a few months as two of the four that I have started whining quite badly, and as they are in the bedroom it was effecting sleep. New ones seem much better though so hopefully I just had a coupe of dud ones.

As usual Amazon customer service was great and they sent out two new ones sent away and I returned the old ones once fitted in a few days.

So if you get perfect ones these are a five star job
on 16 February 2016
Nowadays I am buying BG (British General) versions of these, as they are a known brand, I trust the BS marks on them and they are currently only £9 at Screwfix!

I have to admit that these ones from Amazon do have a bit of a 'no name brand' vibe to them. No makers mark etc.However that said, compared to the BG ones I have they are about the same quality wise.

I have had two of these in my house for a year, and one in my parents and so far all three are still working fine and used daily for over a year

Can only go with my experiences and they seem OK,
on 6 September 2014
Good points: It does what it says on the tin. You get 2 USB chargers without using one or more sockets and it looks much neater than having adapters. It is easy to install (5 min job: remember to turn off the electricity!)

Bad points: As others have noted, the instructions say you need a 35mm deep box not a 25mm deep box as the website claims. The bolts to hold it in are quite short. I used the bolts from the previous socket. Ultimately it is not "MK" quality - the switches are not as smooth, etc.

If MK had made one I would probably have paid the extra, but they don't and I am pleased that I have bought this one.

If it breaks - and some say they don't last long - I will report back. Otherwise assume it is still going strong.
on 14 May 2017
The good:
Exactly replaces a standard socket, and indeed this type of product is a great space saver.
So they are a great thing to add to your house. And I have used them every other day to charge phones / ipads.

The bad:
My USB recharge points failed after 2 years also.
First ran ultra hot (which fortunately I noticed and plugged everything out and left it to cool!) - then zero recharge. I'd have some concerns about the extent of heat generated when it was failing (e.g. if left unattended).
on 31 December 2015
Very good. Quality is fine and easy to fit. I had two fitted by an electrician who said they were pretty good quality and easy to fit and two fitted by a friend who again had no problems. Use is simple and saves some much time hunt for the plug to fit the USB cord. We have 7/8 iPods, pads and phones - these are a life saver! Slight drawback is that the two USB slots only have 2v - not 2v each but 2v in total. So we use one T a time or just put up with a slower 1v change for two devices.
on 26 December 2014
Took a bit of a gamble with this as some of the others I've seen here haven't been properly certified. This is and it works really well. I've had two phones charging off it no problem.

It looks good and fits with the other power sockets in the room it's in.

The position of the USB ports mean that if you had a bigger-than-normal device plugged in (say a network powerline device) you'd struggle to get a USB plug in them.

However, that's really not a problem for me and I haven't had a single problem.