- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Cone Shape and Color Vision: Unification of Structure and Perception Paperback – 9 May 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Medeiros is not the only author to point out the various ways in which "standard cone-trichromacy" fails as an explanatory basis of colour phenomena, however the best thing about this book is that Medeiros offers a model which can account for many phenomena not covered by standard explanations - for example, the spectrally ordered "subjective colours" seen in Benham's Top demonstrations.
Although the "Establishment" views of colour vision are not so homogenous and closed to debate as sometimes they can appear in academic polemics, still it's clear that if we are to arrive at a better-grounded end-to-end model of colour vision, so the scientific community needs to adjust the foundations in this area to find a place for Medeiros' cone spectrometry. I think that his model (and detailed argumentation) will contribute to other lines of evidence (e.g. from the Mausfeld group) in trying to rethink the "transductive basis" of colour vision.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Optometry - Opticians
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Ophthalmology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Human Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Anatomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology