- Library Binding
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1439505713
- ISBN-13: 978-1439505717
- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 12.7 x 19 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,616,142 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology (Oxford Paperback Reference) Library Binding – 26 Jun 2008
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
`A model of its kind - all that anyone other than a specialist needs to know about words.'Daily Telegraph --Ce texte fait référence à l'édition Paperback.
From the Back Cover
With over 17,000 entries, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology is the most authoritative and comprehensive guide to word origins available in paperback. Based on The Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology, the principal authority on the origin and development of English words, it contains a wealth of information about our language and its history. --Ce texte fait référence à l'édition Paperback.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have also read some of the Chambers dictionary, and was dissapointed with some of the americanism in this book. The Oxford Dictionary is consise and clear in its layout, and a throughly good reference book. My knowledge of the english language has increased tenfold - highly recommended.
est in Esperanto and how it was developed I have long been fascinated to know where our language came from and how it has developed. Just what I wanted.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri > Subject Dictionaries
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics