- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Concerto For Group And Orchestra [Blu-ray] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
With his legendary organ blues-rock sound, Deep Purple’s founder and soul, Jon Lord has influenced decades of rock music. He is without doubt the pioneer of fusing rock and classical/baroque forms and became one of the most important composers of the last decades while having a major impact on the music business. On Monday, July 16th, he passed away after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Jon Lord co-wrote many of Deep Purple’s legendary songs like ‘Smoke On The Water’ and played with many bands and musicians throughout his career (Whitesnake, to mention one of many). Best known for his orchestral work “Concerto For Group And Orchestra” first performed at Royal Albert Hall with Deep Purple and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in 1969 and conducted by the renowned Malcolm Arnold - a feat repeated in 1999 when it was again performed at the Royal Albert Hall by the London Symphony Orchestra and Deep Purple. Jon Lord - one of the greatest rock musicians the world has ever seen.
Top Customer Reviews
i played the disc i will admit there were a few "tears' rolling down my eyes and for good reason. Can you imagine what was going through Jon's mind with only a few weeks to go? I would hate to think, but gee everyone concerned did an absolutely stellar job in completing the final concert. Everyone "banded" together to help the great man out. In all it's glory it sounds great in 5.1. The music of Deep Purple and Jon's legacy will live on in years to come.
I had the honour of seeing Jon Lord with Deep Purple and Whitesnake, what a true gentleman who was truly gifted and an awesome muscian.
1: Moderato - Allegro
3: Vivace - Presto
In 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD master audio
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Firstly I received this item in broken case that didn't make me glad. CD is well, but earlier I purchased boxset CD+DVD so I've already have one. Read morePublished on 8 Dec. 2013 by Scheglov Victor