- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Computing with Cells and Atoms: An Introduction to Quantum, DNA and Membrane Computing Paperback – 26 Oct 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The theory and technology of computation has rested for more than 50 years on the Turing-machine model, which leads to many intractable problems. Are there any alternatives? Two main directions of research, both based on quite unconventional ideas, are most promising: quantum computing and molecular computing, especially using DNA.
The book presents the main practical results reported so far and the main theoretical developments. In the DNA computing coverage, the authors discuss Adleman's famous experiment, with subsequent variants as well as many theoretical models: sticker systems and Watson-Crick automata, insertion-deletion systems, splicing systems and the idea of "computing by carving". A special feature is the chapter about P systems, computing models based on membrane structures whose theory has only recently emerged. In the quantum realm, the authors present the elementary theory, the logic of quantum computation as well as some important applications to cryptography, teleportation, error correction and randomness.
The book is self-contained, including all the necessary facts from mathematics, computer science, biology and quantum mechanics, It provides a lucid and critical introduction for graduates and advanced undergraduates.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biological Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Numbers
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Quantum Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Molecular Biology