on 16 November 2010
Didn't know a thing about computers. This book helped me alot. Did have to re-read some of the chapters before it registered though. Easy to understand once you have your computer/laptop infront of you and follow the steps. Learnt so many new words (computer jargon). As a basic starter book probably the best for your money. Have patience,this novice is even buying off e-bay and of course,Amazon. Computers for Seniors for Dummies
on 23 April 2012
There are so many baffling words and abbreviations within the fields of computers. It can be very off putting, but this book is better than another make and author that I own. Much better to understand and if you get confused, it's backed up with pictures.
I have only just scratched the surface with my knowledge of computers, this book will expand that and it will give you the opportunity and encouragement to do even more and get your machine running to your advantage.
on 15 January 2015
should be stated when purchasing that this book is only for windows 8, a different version for windows 7 is available but no mention is made is made of this until page 16.
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2009
I bought this for my IT phobic 66 year old father in law who used to hate computers and until recently wouldn't even use a cashpoint.

He is now up and running on the computer and uses the internet daily.

This book certainly helped him, so I would recommend it to anyone. In fact, he made his first internet shopping purchase last week via Amazon because of this book!
on 16 May 2015
Excellent service, great ethos, faultless, you are not going to believe this but
My sons pup has since chewed it up, should have done my homework, many thanks for a lovely concept
on 17 September 2013
Despite having spent my career in the computer industry, this book has explained areas of my knowledge
that was out-dated. My wife has found it invaluable not knowing anything about computers and the internet.
Next one I want is how to build my own PC!
on 3 February 2014
Bought this for my 82 yr old neighbour who has just got his first computer. He finds the book clear although he still thinks there is too much jargon!
on 14 December 2014
Fast efficent, highly recommended
on 28 February 2017
He wouldn't read it - maybe more lady pic's would work (Sorry - He's not worth the effort)
on 28 January 2014
Book arrived promptly and well packaged.
Intend to get another copy for a friend's birthday.
Just the job!