on 28 December 2016
Far too complex for a beginner like me. Some of the diagrams just make me want to cry.
on 16 January 2017
Well written book that covers the topics well. Helped on my studies.
on 20 October 2009
We got this book as a recommended text for out MSc Computer Science course. Fair enough, the lecturer went through it chapter by chapter, so it was useful to cram from before the exams. If I wanted to genuinely understand and get up to date information I'd be looking elsewhere...
on 15 November 2015
Great Product
on 11 December 2009
Very rigorous book show the author knows his stuff. There are many examples in theory and exercises throughout the book that will give a good understanding of the idea behind IT architecture. Good for school. don't really know yet if applicable to real life as high tech is developing quite rapidly
on 7 October 2011
This was a recommended text book for my architecture module at university. I find the language clear to understand and the book covers everything thoroughly. Also includes useful appendices of topics including number systems and boolean logic.
on 30 October 2000
Bought the book as a reference to a computer course at uni. Turned out to be quite useful, liked the fact that it concentrated on the Pentinum II and Power PC processor. It was not the main core text book, but still covered the subject adequately for my needs. Also had good links to other resources (books and websites).
on 15 March 2002
this book was reccommended as part of my computer science course and found it full of exciting concepts and ideas. An essential study aid which I wouldn't have been able to do without. A MUST BUY!!!!!!!!!!
on 10 March 1999
This book is written using a very sparse manner of exposing ideas. Reading it is a hard and exhaustive task. I can't imagine why would they give it the 1996 TEXTY award. Buy it only if you are required to do so or if you can handle some sort of dynamic reading. Otherwise get something else (there are many other publications on the subject) since this is just a boring and demotivating book.