Computational Methods for Astrophysical Fluid Flow: Lecture Notes 1997 Swiss Society for Astrophysics and Astronomy: Saas-Fee Advanced Course 27, Lecture Notes 1997, Swiss Society for Astrophysics Hardcover – 19 Aug 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews
"Gives detailed web addresses and information where such codes can be downloaded (...). In conclusion, I feel the book gives and excellent account of present-day astrophysical hydrodynamics."
A. Brandenburg, The Observatory, 1999
From the Back Cover
Four lectures lead the reader from basic numerical methods for solving hyperbolic partial differential equations to the application of complex simulation codes to selected astrophysical problems. The text highlights the powerful capabilities, the use, and the pitfalls of computational astrophysics. Difficult topics pertaining to astrophysical problem solving, such as gravitation, magnetic fields, reactive flow, and relativity, are addressed. Two lectures are devoted to radiation hydrodynamics. They treat the derivation of the basic equations and numerical methods. This book will be useful to students and researchers in astrophysics and applied mathematics.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Numbers
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mathematical
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Mechanics