Composing Music for Videogames, Web Sites, Presentations and Other New Media (Book & CD) Paperback – 16 Mar 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book details the technical and dramatic requirements necessary for each type of new media. In engaging language, illustrated by countless real-world examples and practical workshops, writers at all levels will find ways to create music for new markets, and find new opportunities for creative expression. Guided hands-on projects will help you create music in all these forms. A CD of examples and practice files illustrates all concepts and lets you practice the techniques. Readers will learn to: score videogames, developing music for different characters, addressing the standard types of scenes and cues, and the formats required by game publishers; develop music for web sites, including HTML and Flash code; use sound technologies within mobile devices to create distinctive ringtones and other sounds; and, create demos and portfolios for getting clients.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Regains a star because I found the constant references to 'Barbies Fashion Designer' most amusing, and because the chapter about looping was surprisingly in-depth. The quality of other non-game chapters was varied
this book is a deep dive in the music for media!
Paul Hoffert takes you on a complete journey,
and to this day is my Guru on the subject!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Music
- Books > Computing & Internet > PC & Video Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Digital Music
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Learning to Play, Write & Record Music > Songwriting
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Musical Theory & Composition > Composition & Orchestration
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Musical Theory & Composition > Musical Theory