on 15 December 2012
I’m roughly about eight chapters into Buckland's Guide and I must say that I'm very surprised at myself for making it this far and having answered most of the information based questions. But I would not have begun my path with this book as it is doctrinaire and monotonous. Buckland just cannot get past his own tradition of Seax-Wica and how he alone brought Magick to America. Also, I felt the Guide to be profoundly coven orientated after the first three chapters and a fervent urge, when reading, would arise for me skip that entire section due to irrelevance, but then would find myself to be skipping over three-fifths of material!

In short, Buckland's Guide is worth a read (just to add to the brain bank) but do not take it too seriously, if you are just starting out on your path, as it would distort your view on a religion that is much more liberated then Buckland's metaphors. Raymond Buckland was the 4th author I came upon in my search and I am glad that I had read the words of Scott Cunningham, Ronald Hutton and Silver Ravenwolf beforehand.
on 30 May 2017
Best book on witchcraft which covers everything from history of the craft to helping explain the many varieties of the craft currently operating to aid a newbie choose which is the best suited to them
on 29 September 2017
Absolutely love this book. Worth the money for sure! Very informative, none bias and easy to understand. I would definitely recommend anyone who is a beginner or is just simply interested in the craft!!
on 10 April 2015
I bought this with the intention to read up on the subject and I have to say, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm barely able to put it down and thanks to the clear instructions, explanations and pictures it's really easy to follow. As a beginner it has been really useful and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject. I imagine for a more experienced person the book offers very little but it would still make a good point of reference.

Really loved it, worth every
on 24 April 2013
Ray Buckland is an excellent teacher in the Craft, he learnt from the best and shares his knowledge in this book, it's well presented and laid out for anyone new to the craft, aswell as those like myself that have practiced for many years this is a must have book for any witch, wiccan and neo-pagan......my bookcase is almost complete!
on 27 December 2017
Great product loved it!
on 21 April 2012
The book arrived,in very good condition,It is a well written Gazette of "What any
Pagan/Wicca student" would need,or a guide for any layman with an interest in the art/religion,I would return to "Llewellyn's Practical Magick series" again,and would highly recommend them.
on 20 April 2015
quite enlightening , a good way for a learner to kick off their witchcraft
on 19 May 2014
greatest book it teaches you nice and simple steps and in-depth stuff a lot of other books do not mention I recommend it thank you.
on 20 November 2015