Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2010 00:42:40 GMT
M. Costa says:
Is there any plan to release the complete RTD-era in one box set, i.e. release the set that people are dissappointed this isn't? I don't have any new series episodes on DVD and I'd be more than willing to wait rather than get this and the Specials box set seperately.

Posted on 16 Feb 2010 20:23:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jun 2013 01:30:12 BDT
Charlie-CJ says:
Thats the secret really, wait 4 years and the price certainly drops [by about £200 over first issue] - which is what we did, having lived on our home DVD recordings of the BBC1 original broadcasts until the price was right [£58 for 27 DVDs, 56 episodes]. Sadly I then lost self control and paid a wopping £28 for the 10th doctors 'The complete specials' of just 5 episodes as soon as it came out (this 1-4 season set just cries out for it). The combined cost of both sets is still pretty good value though. It seems possible that a full '1-4 seasons' or even a '1-8 seasons' boxed set might be produced, as that 50 year anniversary episode will air soon (2013). But with the BBC who knows.....I can't see them bothering though [as the last 5 specials weren't given season status]. The 'complete specials' DVD set is actually quite well produced and looks fine sitting next to our series 1-4 boxed set.

I suppose I am dissapointed that I can't get large cheap sets of all the earlier surviving Dr Who episodes from 'An unearthly child' onwards ....... although fortunately I got a load of 1970s onwards 'old' colour Dr Who episodes recorded off Sky for 'free' when they were re-running a few years ago. Pre-1970 B&W Dr Whos are pretty thin on the ground, although the BBC are still chasing the dustcart after their ill advised 1970s clearout of the archive.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  21 Jan 2010
Latest post:  16 Feb 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: Series 1 - 4 Collection [DVD]
Doctor Who: Series 1 - 4 Collection [DVD] by Christopher Eccleston (DVD - 2009)
4.9 out of 5 stars (329)