- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Teach Yourself; 3 edition (27 Dec. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1444195042
- ISBN-13: 978-1444195040
- Product Dimensions: 17.1 x 5.7 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (24 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 11,555 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Complete Norwegian Beginner to Intermediate Course: (Book and audio support) (Teach Yourself Language) Paperback – 27 Dec 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Discover a new and effective way to learn Norwegian. With 15 units covering the four key skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, this bestselling course comprises a book and audio support which is easy to download to your computer or MP3 player.
About the Author
Margaretha Danbolt Simons was born in Norway but has lived in the UK for many years. She teaches Norwegian at the University of Surrey as part of the MA/Diploma in Translation Studies, as well as running adult courses and working as a translator.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Things suddenly get much harder/faster as you get into double-figure lessons, unexpectedly so (to be fair, such a sudden leap seems to be a feature of many language courses)
- The writing part of the course is very weak – you only fill in the odd word in sentences that are otherwise written for you and the required words just repeat what has already just been iterated in the text – the "Get Started" course was much better for this
- Would have liked to have seen a section on or some treatment of the Norwegian Fjords as these are v. popular travel destinations
- The English characters seem a bit jerky, whereas the main Norwegian characters seem only nice!
- Sue only got the job in the hotel in Bodø because the boss fancied her?? Jobs are not usually that easy to land.
- The course is quite good for reading and rather good for listening. Of course, it is harder to measure the active skills
- Drilling of the grammar points is good and to have commonly-confused grammar points drilled is useful
- To have an entire section on Easter seems a bit overkill
- The material covered, overall, though, is well-conceived, useful and quite wide-ranging
- There are occasional mistakes in the material
Overall, I am extremely happy with this product!
The book and audio is clear and concise - however you do need both at hand to fully understand everything. That said, it is possible to use them independently, it's just not as emmersive. As with anything, learning another language takes time, however from my experiences so far, I am confident that with these resources I will develop a good grasp of the language
But it's a shame that the iPad/iphone app advertised in the book is not ready even though it says download it
And they don't know when it will be out
Plus it does not state the app will cost £8.99 on top of what you have paid
So sorry Teach Yourself you lose stars for that
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hei! (Hello in Norwegian) This is a great e-book with audio content so very easily available at the press of a 'tab' on the screen at each learning point. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Penny Farthing
I'm very happy with this. I can listen to the audio on the bus and I can read through the book at lunchtime. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Amazon Customer
Purchased this course hoping to get my head round the language and while the book may be fairly decent it is somewhat redundant without the audio. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
A great book, with a good structure and a light hearted tone. A story develops through the book as you follow a set of main characters, which is a lovely way to teach. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Robert Manser