Customer reviews

on 8 May 2017
A great favourite with our granddaughter of 7. She loves the stories and will listen or read them again and again. Some things are wonderfully reliable. Condition of the book was also good for a children's book, no rips or scribbles, just evidence that someone loved it before her in the soft edges to the pages.
on 18 May 2017
Bought this for my daughter's friend's daughter. They couldn't find one of the stories on its own and I know it's in this collection as my children had this book and they all loved it even my son.
on 1 September 2017
Great product, children's stories as they should be. Beautifully illustrated, clear writing, everything was perfect.
on 3 February 2016
A nostalgic story book, which is just as funny today
on 10 April 2017
Wonderful book, perfect for bedtime stories.
on 5 March 2015
Very good condition and delighted the granddaughter who had lost her copy of the last paperback in the series. Now she has all the stories in one book. Good service from the seller.
on 29 September 2015
Just bought the whole set for the grand children.
on 26 March 2016
Fantastic
VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 February 2014
This is a beautiful, hardback edition, containing all the excellent Naughty Little Sister stories - from the books, "My Naughty Little Sister," "More Naughty Little Sister Stories and some others," "My Naughty Little Sister's Friends," "My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry," and "My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry's Rabbit." This edition is ideal to read aloud, with larger illustrations, both black and white and colour, by the incomparable Shirley Hughes and which really add charm to the stories.

As a child I loved the Naughty Little Sister stories and they have since been enjoyed by all my children. This edition has been well loved and read over the years and I have found that the stories have been a success whenever I have taken it into classes to read it aloud. Although some of the stories may seen a little dated now, children respond to the everyday situations and to that mischievious, and lovable, little girl and should be on every child's bookshelf.
on 30 April 2014
I absolutely adore these stories, our headmistress used to read them to us in assembly when I was young, and I loved them so much that years later my parents bought me a copy to read to my son, who is 3 now.
Dorothy Edwards has a knack of honing in on the little details that children find interesting, and the language she uses is so conversational and conspiratorial ('there now, I knew you would be shocked too!" sort of phrases when discussing a particularly naughty piece of behaviour), it really seems to appeal to my son.
I would guess at the setting being 1920's/30's which is a good springboard for talking about history in an approachable way with a young child, for example the way the grandmother does the washing, using a mangle etc.
The stories are just really lovely, charming tales. My husband finds them a bit dull, but I think the word he is looking for is "gentle"!
We have been reading these since our son turned 2, as bedtime tales (not massive amounts in the way of pictures so good for when I want him to be laying back and winding down and not peering at the book), but I remember loving these at 6/7 years old.