Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

on 26 July 2012
Reliable information regarding plant based nutrition seems really hard to come by...especially as most people seem to be trying to sell you something along with the information they are giving you. This is the first book I've found that gives you all the information you need in a way that makes it easy to understand. The recommended ingredients are easy to come by, the recipe guides are simple and meals are realistic and tasty. I can't recommend this highly enough - especially if you're new to veganism/plant-based diet.
on 10 April 2017
The wrong choice for me I should of ordered vegetarian, there were not many with the key word vegetarian & I was curious. This would be far too strict for me vegan & only whole food. I did read it from cover to cover some interesting things although I think not enough details to follow such a strict diet with. I think I lot of writing reason & motivations but not enough details & info on the actual nutrition & reality. I see the idea of optimal nutrition but I think the reality may lead to problems.
on 30 January 2014
This is a very informative book and very useful if you are thinking of going vegan or need to address health issues. I am not sure how up to date a few of the nutritional facts are but a good all round guide if you are not already well informed on nutritional issues.
on 13 May 2015
This book is very informative and is laid out in a really easy to read format. I wanted a book that had lots of information explained well and that I could pick up and skip to different sections easily, and this book is exactly that. Highly recommend.
on 14 July 2013
I turned to eating plant based foods almost a year ago and, since then, have been looking for a definitive guide on the nutrition and composition of meals to ensure everything was met and that I would be short of no vital nutrient. This book is it!! Easy to read and clear in the layout and explanations. Excellent recipe section and I have tried a few to date. Very tasty indeed.

Would highly recommend this book for anyone who is 'at sea' with it all and needs some good advice about nutrition and help with meal planning.
on 31 May 2014
This book thoroughly deserves 5 stars. It is nicely written, clear and concise, and provides great source of information for anyone wanting to make the switch from the conventional western diet to a plant-based diet. Before I purchased this book I was slightly overwhelmed about all of the information on the internet regarding plant-based diets and really didn't know where to begin. This book outlines exactly how to help your body thrive with plant-based foods and provides recipe ideas for wellness. I highly recommend this book to all.
on 14 December 2016
great
on 6 January 2013
A comprehensive and detailed discussion of many aspects of nutrition including the body's requirements and how to achieve the correct balance in a healthy diet. Good quality information on sources of vitamins, minerals, protein etc. is provided for a variety of foods enabling the reader follow a complete and balanced diet. The recipies give breakdowns of nutrition provided.

In summary: an excellent and well researched text for understanding both the principles of a healthy diet and how to eat well. Strongly recommended.
on 17 September 2013
Having drifted towards vegetarianism through the engine 2 Diet this is an excellent addition to the library of knowledge , more scientific than The engine 2 diet biyt not as heavy on science as Rik Engin @ 's Dad;s book a good easy read middle of the road book good info
on 20 December 2015
Packed with info but spread in the most uninteresting way...