- Paperback: 286 pages
- Publisher: Creative Publishing International (6 Jun. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0865735778
- ISBN-13: 978-0865735774
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 1.8 x 27.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
965,505 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #785 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- #976 in Books > Home & Garden > Buying & Developing Property > Building Your Own Home > Carpentry & Woodwork
- #1260 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
The Complete Guide to Home Carpentry: Tools, Techniques and How-to Projects (Black & Decker Home Improvement Library) Paperback – 6 Jun 2000
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are already a tradesperson, this book might STILL be good for review. But, if like me, you are a homeowner interested in repairs and maintenance, and perhaps some light carpentry to plane a door, build some storage or the like, this is THE book. Easy to follow, step-by-step comprehensive instructions with clear photos for each important step, lists of tools and fixin's to do the job, it's all there. Lots of projects, easy to use- a reference I won't do without. --JDiver--Basic carpentry but also a lot of advanced projects. Useful, but some stuff will never be used by me because the projects are too big like removing a load bearing wall and building a custom laminate countertop. But great if you want to do those things. --Gloria K Derby-- --Gloria K Derby
bought this book for a garage project of mine and the decent reviews it had. I must say the reviews are well deserved. This book offers plenty of photos and well explained "how-to" guide lines. Detailed explanation with photos of all the tools you'll need for your project. I can now do my projects with confidence considering I am a novice at carpentry. Excellent choice for the novist. --doityurselfer
I got this book from my wife for Christmas, and I was immediately able to use it! I'm a computer geek, and usually when I get a hammer in my hand, it ends up either hitting my fingers or making a bigger hole in the wall. This book teaches ALL the basics, from how to saw wood to how to frame and install a new door in a new wall! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it's still a reference book - it's not something that I'd pore over in the middle of the night and couldn't put down. It's still a great book! --nd --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Chris Marshall is the author of dozens of books and hundreds of magazine articles on fine woodworking. He is a contributing editor at Woodworkers Journal, and he lives in Ohio, USA. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
irrelevant to British homes.
Projects more of the building & constuction nature rather than basic carpentry that I expected
This book is ideal for people wanting to learn the techniques needed to carry out projects on the home.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Carpentry & Woodwork
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Woodworking
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive > Repair
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies