Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 13 January 2015
Not really much to write about here other than... it works perfectly!

It's cheaper than the "official sanctioned cartridge", works perfectly, prints are clear and after over 170 prints it shows no signs of letting up anytime soon - can't really ask for much more (IMHO)!

The prints actually seem a bit darker than what I was getting in the original, it could mean its using more toner than the original.

Packaging was good and arrived in time. Can't really ask for much more from a product like this.

Final verdict: Yes, I would buy this again!

If you found this review helpful, please vote on it. Any questions... just ask!
on 8 January 2015
After 2 years of using the original cartridge (1/2 loaded i.e. 700 pages), I finally got the warning that it needed replacing (although it's still printing good). A genuine Samsung toner cartridge cost £16 more than the price I paid for my printer (Samsung ML-2165 Mono) so I decided to try this alternative one. I had no compatibility issues, actually I had to switch the printer off and on again, but after that it was all right. However I am not so pleased with the printing quality. It may be OK if the document doesn't have to look perfect, but I noticed quite a lot of black spots on white areas and white spots on the black. Plus I think it uses too much toner even on "toner save" mode, because the prints are very dark. I'd say don't expect it to be as good as the genuine one. You only get what you pay for.
on 23 November 2015
The only positive for this is the price although given the price of printer ink, that is a pretty big plus point. It installs OK and just about works. The print quality was noticeably worse with this when compared to the genuine Samsung one and it soon started leaving white gaps and lines in print. Eventually the printer itself broke entirely complaining about ink - it's impossible to say whether it was caused by this but I wouldn't buy another one.
on 22 October 2014
I'm really happy with this product. The price is very reasonable, it is as described-compatible with my Samsung printer without any hassle. The print is clear and clean-no streaks or issues. What remains to be seen is how long it lasts. I recently refilled my cartridge from a famous chain store specialising in that service which was nearly double the price; the cartridge ink lasted next to no printing. The item arrived quickly. Really happy with the whole experience.
on 18 March 2016
I noticed that we have been replacing the toner more frequently. The toner packaging states page yield 1500. I logged when the new toner was used and started a new ream of paper (500 pages) at the same time.
The printer is set to 'Toner Save'.
Started Toner & Ream of Paper 29 Feb
Paper ran out on 14 Mar
Toner ran out on 17 Mar
I should probably run this test another 2 times to show more accurately the results, however the fact that I have noticed over the past few months we have been using more toner (and to the point where I was willing to run this test) is enough for me to find another supplier.
on 18 May 2016
Smudges when printed.OK for home printing, but as soon as u need a ticket for day out its not great as it smudges and stain hands.

- UPDATE 23rd Aug - The toner has now run out and I don't believe I've printed any more than about 30-40 pages. so looks like the toner does not like sitting idle for any length of time. tried shaking up again but still only few smudges on the paper and nothing else.
on 1 June 2015
The product was faulty which meant that it did not work with my printer. After trying to print some pages of text all I got were pages of black tonner. When I removed the cartridge I was horrified to find that the tonner had gone all over the inside. Now my printer will not even accept genuine Samsung cartridges. The printer has had to be replaced!
on 4 September 2014
Just great - old cartridge out - new one in and hey presto print! Lovely easy no fuss replacement, well packed arrived in plenty of time and good price too. What more can you ask for?

Buy with confidence.
on 19 January 2016
Awful.... Barely lasted a week!!!
In the middle of dissertation writing - so simply had to order another one and didn't get around to sending it back or notifying of its poor quality.
No - I wouldn't recommend at all.
on 3 December 2015
Allegedly Compatible MLT-D101S Black Laser Toner Cartridge For Samsung ML-2160 ML-2165W ML-2168 SCX-3400 SCX-3405 SCX-3405FW SCX-3405W SF-760P SF-760 Printer by PerfectPrint - was not recognised by, nor compatible with my ML-2160 Printer, despite extensive time consuming attempts to configure any kind of print. Waste of time and money. No more buys from PerfectPrint.