on 16 February 2014
Without the availability or reasonably priced 3rd-party cartridges I would never have bought the printer - Dell charge an arm, *both* legs and half a lung for their OEM ones...

Slightly oddly I seem to have cartridges from 3 different manufacturers in the pack of 4 but they all work fine so no worries ;-)
on 18 December 2013
Buying a Dell Color laser printer is not expensive - but buying the toner is! This full set of toner is the right price for a good quality, and delivery was swift.
on 27 April 2014
These are the high-capacity cartridges at 1250 pages for black and 1000 pages for colours. In other words, just what you would buy from Dell. At first I honestly couldn't see any difference in quality between these and the original Dell ones.
HOWEVER.
After not a third of the cartridge was used, the toner started fading and became patchy. I eventually discovered the socket that the printer sucks the toner through was caked in toner that had just stuck there. Why this happens with these and not the originals, I can only guess some corners were cut. Of course I can't say they'll all be like that but I won't be trying again.
on 19 January 2017
This is the second set of compatible 'Colour Direct brand' cartridges that I've ordered for my Dell 1660W.

Whilst the first set of 4 cartridges ordered in early 2016 have worked without any problems at all, this second set has not been up to the quality of the first set.

Firstly the cyan (blue) cartridge refuses to be recognised by the printer - I keep getting an error message 'Please Reseat Cyan Cartridge'. Swapping in the old/empty cyan Colour Direct cartridge and this error goes away - but obviously the old cartridge is empty.

The same applies to the magenta cartridge - it refuses to be recognised by the printer, but if I replace the old (near-empty) Colour Direct carrtridge the issue goes away. As soon as I put the new cartridge back in, again the same error message 'Please Reset Magenta Cartridge' appears.

I haven't even tried opening and using the new yellow and black cartridges as there is still plenty of toner left in the first-set of Colour Direct cartridges.

I will be sending the full 4-pack back to Amazon and asking for a refund. I don't expect any problems with the excellent Amazon return and refund process.
on 10 June 2014
I am now on my second set of these & they are performing well at a fraction of the cost of the OEM ones.
on 31 July 2014
My Email out

Dear Sir
After my purchase of new cartridges, and finding that the yellow did not work:-
Thank you for sending me a replacement new Yellow cartridge
However
The second new yellow cartridge was also a failure.
I concluded that the Printer was at fault.
Dell Support said that support/warranty had been voided by my using non-Dell cartridges.

I bought an identical new printer. (lucky they are so cheap in comparison to a new set of Dell cartridges)
I tested the factory installed cartridges in BOTH printers - they all worked in BOTH
I tested the BOTH Colour Direct Yellow cartridges in BOTH printers - they both failed in Both printers
I tested alternative non-Dell compatible cartridges in BOTH printers - they all worked in BOTH

Therefore I conclude that both of your Yellow cartridges were faulty

Before I throw them away .... Would you like them back so that your engineers can find out what was wrong with them?
If so please send me appropriate packing and postage for me to return them

Regards
on 27 August 2016
These are just OK - they worked for me and seem to do a fair few pages, but they are nothing like full capacity. I have measured the last batch - when they ran out (according to the printer) the black cartridge weighed 2g lighter than its "as fitted" weight; the colour cartridge's weighed around 0 to 1g lighter (yes, one used less than a gramme of ink before being rejected as empty). 1g seems to go a fair way, but it's not a lot given all that plastic ! I'd rather pay more for a few more grammes of ink & longevity of use/environmental friendliness.
on 30 March 2015
Apprehensive at first due to mixed reviews. Have used 3 of the pack so far and all work perfectly. They also fit very well. Am not sure how long they will last, but the display on my printer says 'full'. For a fiver each am not really worried - have printed quite a bit recently and no sign of depletion of any of the colours in the display panel. The delivery was free & super-fast - 24hrs from order - delivery.
on 9 February 2016
Half way through the "life" of the Magenta and Yellow cartridges (according to the printer), but the cartridges seem to be empty (nothing is coming out apart from some spits and spots). So I won't be buying these again. Cheap, yes. Similar quality print to the Dell originals but didn;t last long at all.
on 15 September 2014
Cartridges are inconsistent and are not giving many copies. One cartridge (cyan) only lasted for 20 colour copies before I had to replace it - colour cartridges leave a lot to be desired - try someone else.