on 11 April 2013
I've been buying a single set of similar inks from a different company for about the same price. I've been really happy with the results but I thought I'd give these a try to see if they work as well. I like to experiment. These arrived from the seller INKSBROKER very quickly and in good order. Installation was easy and my Canon Pixma 5350 accepted them with no problems.

I printed basic black text from a 300dpi standard colour formated page in Photoshop CS5. I examined the print for the clarity of the text on ordinary inexpensive white paper. This is a good indication of how quickly the ink formula will dry because slow drying ink will bleed and make text a little blurry. Most modern formulas dry very quickly while older formulas dry more slowly. It's not always easy to tell with a full colour printing.

Poor quality or old-school ink will print black text poorly because it tends to soak deeper into the paper and spread out before it starts to react with the air and dry. It becomes fainter with each passing minute until it's stable. Poor quality ink can reveal a kind of photocopy effect on cheap paper because it reveals the inconsistency of the paper itself. You'll see patches of light and dark areas. Here, I printed onto a medium quality paper and I'm very pleased with the results. You can however see that it's inkjet. I do get the same results with Canons own ink so it's on par with Canons. You'll need top end quality paper to make text look professional.

When it comes to printing colour photographs, the faster the ink dries the more detail is retained. You might have noticed that your full colour pictures don't look as good after drying? That's because the ink has soaked in and spread out. To test for drying time, I also check for the depth and consistency of the tone of a solid printed colour. I printed onto (of all things) cheap Poundland glossy photographic paper. It was £1 and has been sitting on my shelf for a few weeks. What the heck, I'll give it a try. Sometimes cheap cartridges will leave banding marks or produce colour inconsistency and you only see it easly when you print a single hue. When you print a single hue, especially a dark red you can really examine what the print heads are doing and even see how the printer track rollers are interacting with the paper. I do see a few roller marks here and there but other than that, I don't see any oddites in print quality.

I also checked to see if the inks are bright and cheerful by printing some yellow flowers that I colour enhanced in photoshop. This is an indiciation of the optical brighteners which are ink additives which chemically react with the ink formula to make the colours brighter and more pleasing to the eye. Their are a variety of additives that manufacturers can put into ink and the more they use, the more expensive it is. So when you buy ink this cheap you have to wonder where they cut corners. However, the colour image was instantly dry with good detail and colour brightness. I can't say it was worthy of publication in National Georgraphic but it was nice. Or I should say, it is more than good enough for my everyday printing, considering how cheap both the ink and paper are, you can't go wrong. I'm more than satisifed with the results.

Hope this helps someone a little. If you like my review, please click the button to say that you found it helpful. Cheers!
44 Comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2017
A case of you get what you pay for! Based on the pretty positive reviews, I thought i'd give these ago! The positives, they arrived well packaged, each individually sealed and with the additional little plastic seal you remove prior to use. Fine I thought! So... the negatives, well as you can see by the photos attached, as soon as you remove the tab, the ink dribbles out.... thankfully (ish) over my hands rather than my cream carpet! :( Terrible design! I've brought plenty of non-Canon branded cartridges over the last couple of years and none have done this!

A quick review of my hands, the photos are after three attempts of scrubbing the ink off, hot water with soap, washing up liquid, and body scrub...nothing, zip, nowt!! I've literally tattooed my own hands! I'm off to hunt out some Swarfega next.. if not Vodka (to drink!)
on 20 October 2015
I have purchased these before so over long term use I can be confident that they work and do not cause printer problems. Also really excellent value for money. A complete bargain in comparison to "branded" ink replacement cartridges.
on 4 July 2017
Very affordable replacement cartridges to allow you to keep your printer going.
Print quality and colour is fine.
on 13 March 2017
Quality inks very good price , arrived quickly
on 24 March 2017
Good ink, worked out well for me to get these to replace my current cartridges
on 19 December 2012
I have just received these inks and a new printer in time for Christmas. The inks are of good quality, the colour on the photos are excellent, and the new canon printer recognised them immediately. Well worth getting and the cheapest of this type on the market that I have seen!
Can't fault the quality and value of these inks, an absolute bargain and excellent quality. I always order these now and prefer them to the genuine ones.
on 17 April 2014
Very good quality for what you pay, especially compared to the prices of branded equivalents. Might not use these for printing good photos, but for day to day tasks, it's excellent.
on 17 July 2015
good service and value for money