on 8 July 2014
The book was a comfortable read, over some of the story lines it labours and with others it quickly skips [like when Charlotte decides to up and leave]. As to the ending, well it didn't really end, it just stopped, so many questions unanswered so many issues unresolved.

This book is the first in the Pullman series, I might consider trying book 2 especialy if it is free or just a few pence for the kindle version, but it is not a book I would invest funds in as i am unlikely to want to reread it, as entertaining as it was.
on 8 October 2014
light but with a good plot, good lessons for the reader, overall a worthwhile holiday read. leaves you wanting more!
on 30 November 2013
I enjoyed this book it was the first time I had read anything by this author I will definitely get more of this series. I can't wait to see what happens. Definitely would recommend that you read this
on 23 September 2013
Enjoyable story probably because it was an American writer writing about her own country, well researched, Too often Americans don't research Britain enough and there are time or place mistakes. This was a good story and interesting history as well.
on 24 August 2013
Well written story covering what happened in the early days of public transport. Will be looking out for the second book.
on 6 February 2016
Good book
on 12 August 2015
A good read.
on 6 September 2013
When I first looked at the book and read the info I thought it seemed okay but it wasn't my cup of tea
on 13 October 2014
Loved this book
on 21 January 2015
good
|0Comment|Report abuse