Customer reviews

on 4 November 2012
I used this book as my main study resource for the Network+ exam & passed with a good mark. For practice questions I used Measure Up & the questions on this book's CD. The book itself has nice clear explanations & covers the majority of what you need to pass the exam. It certainly also helped me that I am very familiar with the A+ curriculum.

I would say that the 1st half of the book & the last couple of chapters are excellent, but that it loses its way in the middle. For some reason the chapters in the middle, which cover wireless networking, WAN technologies & setting up SOHOs, change style to one which I would expect in a magazine advising amateurs on setting up their home systems, rather than the professional & business based style in the rest of the book. I have no idea why the author did this & it was quite disconcerting. These chapters are also focused almost exclusively on situations & providers in the USA, while the exam itself is very definitely international. A lesser concern is that the book uses exclusively imperial measurements, whereas the exam, in the UK at least, asks questions in metric. However I think that most of us are perfectly capable of mentally converting the measurements, as long as the learner takes care to remember which system the measurements have been learnt in!
on 8 March 2014
This book is helping me on my Kanduit Networking course Level 3. The information is concise and clear with illustrations and photos. The only problem at moment is I can't download it to my Kindle only to my Kindle App on my tablet. So come on Amazon, make this book a Kindle download book not just for the app.
on 26 October 2013
I cannot rate this book highly enough. For someone like me who has limited knowledge of it networks its perfect.
The book starts from the very beginning's of networks and explains each topic very clearly. I'm considering taking the Comp TIA exam and hopefully this book will help me to pass.
on 11 April 2015
Great book, passed with 807/900 by reading this fully, and using exam cram to cover any gaps in knowledge, the only thing this book is missing is more detailed information on sub-netting and wireless frequencies.
on 16 October 2014
What a massive book :) didnt expect it. well written, CD is a nice helpful bonus. No better book on the market as of now for this exam.
on 30 December 2014
Wow, came a day early kudos to Amazon for the fast delivery. The package was abit damaged which I was concerned about but after expecting the book there was no damage, have just reached chapter three and wow I haven't been able to put the book down im not new to IT as I have built several gaming rigs for myself and friends. This book is a must have of you decide to go down the route of becoming an IT certified technician, five stars given due to an excellent read.
on 28 November 2012
Bought this, as I work in a computer engineering environment and some of my colleagues have used this guide. I prefer to read from a book rather than an e-book for technical information. I find myself jumping around chapters on different topics and a physical copy is better, for me anyway. Well laid out and easy to follow, this guide will get you on track to tackle the Network+ exam.
on 11 December 2012
I did a year long home study and came out of it none the wiser. I then bought this book. After 3 months, I'm ready for the exam. This is a well informed book and a good tool for the future.
on 24 May 2016
Must have book for pursuing career in IT Networking and for Network+ Cert. Even handy for Networking tech for reference. Author is very knowledgeable and great explanation on all topics.
on 30 April 2013
this is a good book, easy to read and in depth,seems to cover all of the exam requirements.Good layout, covering topics from the ground up.