Community-Based Adaptation to Climate Change Paperback – 14 Jan 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'As brought out clearly by the Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) of the IPCC and the recently completed Special Report on Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation, the impacts of climate change will require adaptation as a response to the challenge of climate change. This book highlights the importance of community based adaptation measures provides a wealth of knowledge, such that society across the globe can deal with the impacts of climate change to the extent possible through appropriate adaptation measures rooted in the capacity and strengths of local communities.' – Dr Rajendra K Pachauri, Chair of IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)
About the Author
E. Lisa F. Schipper is an Associate at the Stockholm Environment Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
Jessica Ayers is a Researcher with the Climate Change Group at the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), UK.
Hannah Reid is a Consulting Researcher for the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), UK.
Saleemul Huq is a Senior Fellow with the Climate Change Group at the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), UK.
Atiq Rahman is Executive Director of the Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS), Bangladesh.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Global Warming
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Pollution
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment