Communication Skills For Dummies Paperback – 23 Nov 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Communicate successfully, whatever the situation
- Build trust, engage with empathy and listen carefully to develop relationships
- Express yourself clearly in writing and over the phone, as well as in person
- Manage conflict and effect a positive outcome
Get your message across and connect with anyone for greater success in your career and social life
Great communicators aren′t born, they′re made. The simple yet powerful tools and techniques you′ll find in this guide can transform anyone into a great communicator in no time. Inside, you′ll find easy exercises for building your messaging muscle, along with quick fixes for simple communication problems, and priceless insights and advice on everything from non–verbal communication to communicating over digital media.
- Listen, learn, communicate find out how to improve relationships through active listening and clearly defining what you really want to communicate
- Tear down the barriers to effective communication learn to zero–in on and shed prejudices and preconceptions that can get in the way of making a connection
- Show them you mean it discover how to control every aspect of your physical delivery including hand gestures, facial expressions and tone of voice for maximum effect
- Adjust your attitude find out how your attitude impacts the content and delivery of your message, and how it can make or break your chances of establishing rapport
Open the book and find:
- Strategies for overcoming any communication obstacle
- Tips for becoming an active listener
- Techniques for controlling body language and voice modulation
- Simple exercises for building your communication skills fast
- Tips for communicating effectively in writing
- Techniques for making the most of communication technology
About the Author
Elizabeth Kuhnke is a Positive Impact Coach and the Managing Director and founder of Kuhnke Communication, a company that tailors communication coaching programmes and workshops to individuals and teams across the UK, Europe and the Far East. Elizabeth is the author of Body Language For Dummies and Persuasion & Influence For Dummies.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great as a refresher if your good at communicating, excellent if your crap at communication (i.e. me) and need some helpfull & relevant advice to help you communicate well in the workplace as well as on a personal level. It does require alot of behavioural change, so get ready for the challenge and unfamiliarity, but ultimately it will pay off big time
Also, there are practical tips on the "seemingly lost art" of writing personal letters with examples of what to include in a letter of condolence, a thank you letter and an invitation to dinner.
I think that most people will be able to make some small improvements to the way they communicate by reading this book - and it is not just for "dummies" but for seasoned communicators who sometimes forget the basics of good practice.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews