- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
The Communication of Hate (Language as Social Action) Hardcover – 22 Nov 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael Waltman is Associate Professor of Communication Studies at the University of North Carolina. His research examines the social and political uses of various forms of hate speech, including the role of hate speech in the production of ethnoviolence and hate crime. Dr. Waltman and his students conduct workshops with children in North Carolina communities that focus on the value and importance of respecting social differences. John Haas is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Speech Communication at the University of Tennessee. He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in organizational communication, interpersonal communication, and research methods. His work has appeared in American Behavioral Scientist, Management Communication Quarterly, The Journal of Business Communication, The International Journal of Personal Construct Psychology, Southern States Communication Journal, and Journalism Quarterly.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Anthropology & Sociology
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Public Relations
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences