Customer reviews

Size: 1 Hanger|Style: Standard|Change

Size: 1 Hanger|Style: Jumbo|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
I've recently moved into a house where I'm uncertain of what pipes/wires are running behind the walls despite the use of an electronic detector, I'm very careful therefore of how I hang things on the wall. I have two clocks which I particularly like and they feature keyhole hanging fixtures and this 3M Command Jumbo Sticky Nail is an ideal solution.

The "nail" is easy to fit using the strips and fixture provided, plus they are easy to remove without marking the wall if fixed and removed in accordance with the instructions. In addition, the supplied stabilising strips are easily fitted and removed and keep objects hanging straight without reverting the use of Blu-tack or similar which are inclined to dry out or mark the wall. Despite an initial apprehension, I have found these Command fixings to be secure on my painted kitchen walls over a period of time. Recommended.
on 10 May 2016
So easy to use, perfect when unable or unwilling to make holes in walls. I have all my pictures hanging with these, so only downside is it can get a little pricey if you have a lot to hang but the convenience is worth it. I've realised I had hung some earlier paintings with the nail the wrong way up so it does show a bit at the top of the painting. Luckily I have the spare sticky parts to re-use so even if you make a mistake it is easily rectified. Brilliant invention.
VINE VOICEon 25 October 2013
Update, Mar 2016: Cant beleive it's nearly been 3 years and the original 3kg frame still hanging well!
======================
Wow, hats off to the 3M R&D Boffs, this really does do what it says on the tin! I was initially a little dubious about these, using on a 3kg frame. For at least four days the pessimistic side of me forced me to lay a mound of cushions directly under the frame in case it did go down, but nearly 4 months now, and still looking good. Just bear in mind, its not for wallpaper walls (weight would rip the wallpaper behind the hook off the wall). Haven't tried removing these, but I wonder if they will come off as easily as they do in videos after say a number of years on a wall? Still for ease of use putting them up, 5 stars!
on 19 April 2014
These work brilliantly! We hang everything in our rented apartment with Command stickers and they work brilliantly. The weight they can hold is impressive, and they stick really well so no worries about it falling down. When you come to remove them, so long as you pull straight down they cause no damage even to the cheapest paint covered wall paper.
Only warning - if you move house, I would recommend not re-using the ones of the backs of frames as they do seem to give way when re-used.
on 2 October 2015
I have used these for a number of years, first in rented accommodation and now in my own flat as they are so useful. Basically enables you to hang pictures without having to nail picture hooks into the wall which gives you the freedom to change your mind and/or move things around at a later date. Never had any problems with them coming off the wall either, though it is probably worth paying attention to the instructions and the maximum weight allowed - there are two sizes available though I wouldn't recommend using either of them for large pictures or mirrors for example. For small and medium sized pictures however they are brilliant.
on 30 December 2013
I haven't tried to take them off yet but it has been a few weeks and everything is holding perfectly. I did make a test for a few days in a cupboard to see if it would take any of the painting off when removed, and it was absolutely perfect. In a rental accommodation it is really the best solution, and I think when I own a house I'd still be using them!
on 30 August 2017
Just managed to hang a clock with this today in no time at all. I like knowing that I can easily change the location of something and we won't leave our house pockmarked if we decide to move.
on 21 August 2016
This is great, simple to use. but if you buy make sure you get some alcohol based cleaner so your walls are ready.
I had these on my walls in a rented flat to make sure the landlord didn't charge me, no marks left which I'm sure he'll be pleased with
on 6 July 2015
Hung a quite heavy clock up with one of these a few months ago, and it's still there. Hanging on a wall with very dry matte paint, but the strip seems to distribute the weight quite well. Follow the instructions and the adhesive seems to set well enough not to have to worry too much about it falling off! After reading some reviews I half expected to find the clock in pieces on the floor the next morning, but so far so good!
on 16 August 2017
I needed something that would allow me to hang a small Brabantia bin under the sink without using screws (rented property!) and these came to my help. Bin is firmly in place, I'm happy, landlord's happy.
review image review image