- Platform: Windows XP
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (PC DVD)
- Fast, Fluid, Fun - The ultra-responsive, smooth-as-silk gameplay C&C invented is now better than ever, intuitively placing your entire arsenal at your fingertips.
- Over 30 Single Player Missions - In a vast open-world 'theatre of war' where each decision you make matters, you'll experience one cohesive, epic story told from the unique perspective of all three warring factions.
- RTS as a Sport - Observe, broadcast, and compete in thrilling online battles with innovations including all-new interactive spectator modes, VoIP communication, player commentary, and more.
- Story Like You've Never Seen - High-definition, live action video sequences that seamlessly tie the game's epic story together featuring an unparalleled, diverse cast.
- Adaptive AI - The game AI matches your style of play - choose from distinct AI playing styles such as 'rushing', 'turtling', and more, or level the battlefield and let the AI use its own tactics to give you the highest level of challenge.
- New Ways to Attack - Keep your opponent guessing by building flying battleships, wielding the power of terrifying Ion Storms, and combining units to form powerful never-before-seen super-units.
- Technology Makes the World Come Alive - Lose yourself in reflected sunlight and scream in sheer joy as you blow chunks off of enemy tanks, structures, and anything else you can launch a rocket at.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The year is 2047. A massive nuclear fireball explodes high in the night sky, marking the dramatic beginning of the Third Tiberium War and the long-awaited return of the most groundbreaking Real-Time Strategy franchise of all time. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars unveils the future of RTS gaming by bringing you back to where it all began: the Tiberium Universe. With the corrupt substance Tiberium blanketing most of the Earth, the infamous Kane is back to lead his Brotherhood of Nod in a massive global assault on the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the few remaining livable Blue Zones left on the planet. Only you can stop him. Featuring exclusive bonus content including new maps, unit skins, and more, C&C3 Tiberium Wars Kane Edition is the ultimate way to experience the rebirth of RTS gaming. Welcome back, Commander.
- Exclusive gameplay content includes five multiplayer maps and three in-game unit skins.
- Strategy videos from the game developers, deleted scenes, a blooper reel, and the "Behind the Lines" making-of video.
- Exclusive art and desktop wallpapers.
- Fast, Fluid, Fun -The ultra-responsive, smooth-as-silk gameplay C&C invented is now better than ever, intuitively placing your entire arsenal at your fingertips.
- 35+ Single Player Missions - In a vast open-world theater of war where each decision you make matters, you`ll experience one cohesive, epic story told from the unique perspective of all three warring factions.
- RTS as a Sport - Play an RTS game as a sport for the first time! Observe, broadcast, and compete in thrilling online battles with innovations including all-new interactive spectator modes, VoIP communication, player commentary, and more.
- Story Like You`ve Never Seen - High-definition, live action video sequences that seamlessly tie the game`s epic story together feature an unparalleled, diver e
The Command & Conquer games helped to kick start the real-time strategy genre back in the 90s and now finally this sequel is here to breathe new life into what was an idea that seemed to get old long before its time. As the final part of the Tiberium trilogy the good guy GDI and evil Brotherhood of Nod are facing off once again, this time with a third faction of aliens added to the mix. This being Command & Conquer that means lots of cheesy but enjoyable live action cut scenes featuring past their sell by date Sci-Fi actors (Billy Dee Williams, Michael Ironside and two of the women from the new Battlestar Galactica in this case). Fan favourite Joseph D. Kucan as Kane also returns.
Naturally the graphics have been improved immensely from the last game, with tanks kicking up dust in their passing and larger explosions causing huge craters in the landscape. The artificial intelligence has also been enhanced with expert path-finding for all units and a computer opponent that adjusts its playing style to the pace of game you prefer. Individual units are also far more intelligent than before, with several levels of awareness and aggression as well as a willingness to actually retreat when under fire instead of just sitting there and taking it. Much has also been done to decrease the effectiveness of the infamous tank rush tactics, with flanking and other manoeuvres now paramount. Accessibility is still key to the gameplay though and if any game can make real-time strategy games popular again with the general public, this is it.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Even better, this game has taken advantage of some of the gameplay developments identified in C&C's RTS stablemates. Infantry come out in squads now rather than individual troops, there's different amounts of armour on different parts of vehicles, the interface is more minimalist then previous installments, the map expands within missions like in Supreme Commander, and the new race is interesting and well designed.
Some bits from the Generals games have stuck around, noticably garrisoning buildings, unit veterancy, and an emphasis on urban warfare. Even better, the team has realised that some features had been dropped in previous installments; most notably the use of full motion video in addition to in-game briefings. Now being a Battlestar Galactica fan (and having a passing acquaintance with Lost and House), you do get a bit of a kick seeing some pretty big names of the moment (what PC Gamer called "Sci-fi royalty") getting into games. Unlike previous installments they've even gone and made some real sets and hired extras rather than just green-screening it.Read more ›
Be aware though the game requires a FAST processor & tons of Ram & a half decent Graphics Card. The specs say 2.0 Gig Processor & 512 Ram & 64 Meg Video card, this is complete rubbish.I tried it on my old Computer which has a P4 2.0 & 1 Gig Ram (DDR 2700) Ati Radion Power Colour (256 Ram)& had to turn all the graphics half way down just to stop the Lag.
My newer machine has a P4 3.40 & 2 Gig DDR(1)400 - PC3200 & A Geforce 6600(256 Ram)PCI Express with all the settings turned up 2 nearly full except no use of Antialising as my Graphics Card cant cope with it.
Remember to shut of all other programs that run in the background including your Anti Virus program especially if you are using any version of Norton Anti Virus as it take loads of Resources.(DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY ON LINE)
I recommend you have at Least a Pentium 4 3Gig with 2 Gig of Ram(believe me you will need it) if using Win XP (Vista 3 Gig) & a much higher spec card than my old 6600.
And for graphics like that it does not require the moon an the stars hardware-wise! A simple 3year old P4 with 1024MB RAM and a (new) nVidia 7600GT can manage the highest settings.
Why is this important? I have STALKER gathering dust waiting for my next PC - only then it will be playable, yet...obsolete!
The story moves along, new units get unlocked, you gather, you built, you defend, you read the terrain, you amass your forces and you push forward hoping for the best. No try it again with the Bad guys.
Where it misses the 5th star: one cannot hold a battle formation while moving as most major units move at different paces and (although the AI has improved) they keep bumping on each other. May be the next C&C could have some TOTAL WAR infused into it, with battle formations options.
- Is it balanced? Mostly YES.
- Does it require tactics? As much as one might expect from a COMMAND & CONQUER Game.
- Can you still hog resources until you tank-rush the opposition? YES (sometimes the only solution)
- Is it GENERALS 2.5? Definitely NOT. It has a clear C&C character!
True, I could do without the wooden acting of Michael Ironside! (Gone are the days of Kari Wuhrer...Lock'n'Load!)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent! For a game almost 10 years old, it works perfectly with Windows 10 and runs seamlessly.Published 2 months ago by Ostinato_Parody
The game is great but quality of the disc is very poor very flimsy and easy to break nothing like the original ,I order this one because my original disc was damage.Published 14 months ago by james