- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
The Comedians - Series 1-7 - Complete [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£29.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The complete series 1-7 of the 1970s stand-up comedy show featuring comics who began their careers in the Northern working men's clubs, including Russ Abbot, Jim Bowen, Bernard Manning, Mike Reid, Dave Butler, Russ Roberts and Frank Carson.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I didn't laugh at all of the jokes (but probably about 70% of them), but I bought the set for nostalgia purposes and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks, Neil Foster
Most of the comedians appear to have spent some time at a gent's outfitters before the show , only to emerge to find that the hairdresser's / barber's shop was shut . Colin Crompton may well have been the inspiration for Donald Trump's current thatch .
Whilst a lot of the jokes do contain elements considered very non-pc these days , there is obviously a considerable amount of material missing from the original series . Probably deemed a bit too controversial and capable of provoking a barrage of protest from the loudmouth , holier than thou , minority . Also , in my opinion , the comics performances are noticeably hampered by the restrictions placed upon them .
Much criticism has been proffered , in recent times , by people who class the previous era comics as racist and sexist . Maybe the younger generation would benefit from watching this stuff then comparing it with the xenophobic rantings of Al Murray , the sneering at fat/disabled people by Jimmy Carr and the disgustingly descriptive tales of sexual encounters , often involving anal , of Frank Skinner ( and Chubby Brown is still considered too outrageous for TV !) .Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this as a xmas present for my father in law & he loves it, he remembers watching on tv back in the 70's so was thrilled when he opened this xmas morningPublished 3 months ago by M. Jubb
Actually I first saw this series on TV in London many years ago - wonderful series - Glad to now own itPublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
excellent value for money my kind of humour the extras in this collection are also good and informativePublished 11 months ago by anthony whitehead
A little dated but still a good laugh with old time comics that would be banned now by the PC brigadePublished 15 months ago by Peter