Combinatorial Games: Tic-Tac-Toe Theory (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications) Paperback – 28 Apr 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'… this book is a milestone in Game Theory, it will become a classic …' Acta Scientiarum Mathematicarum
'… a most thorough and useful treatment of the subject (so far insufficiently presented in the literature) with an enormous store of results, links with other theories, and interesting open problems.' A. Pultr, Mathematical Reviews
'This seems to be the best and most useful treatment of the subject so far … The book is recommended for a broad mathematical audience. Almost all concepts from other parts of mathematics are explained so it is convenient both for the specialist seeking a detailed survey of the topic and for students hoping to learn something new about the subject. The book has a potential to become a milestone in the development of combinatorial game theory.' EMS Newsletter
In this comprehensive volume, József Beck shows readers how to escape from the combinatorial chaos arising in the analysis of many games by using the fake probabilistic method, a game-theoretic adaptation of the probabilistic method in combinatorics. Striking results are obtained and new duality principles discovered.See all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Combinatorics & Graph Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Discrete Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Mathematical Foundations
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Mathematical Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Optimisation > Game Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Combinatorics & Graph Theory
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Mathematical Theory