A Colour Atlas of Weed Seedlings Paperback – 31 Jan 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Practical yet systematic layout to aid identification…good colour photos...printed for use in the field....should find a place in the jacket pocket of students, growers and farmers alike.
From the Back Cover
Early recognition and control of weeds invariably leads to considerable savings in the cost of herbicides used on crops and in gardens. This atlas is an indispensable full colour photographic guide to the 40 most common weeds afflicting arable farmland and gardens. The weeds have all be photographed at cotyledon and seedling stage to permit early identification and control. Accompanying line drawings highlight major features and calendar germination and flowering times.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It covers the most common weeds you're likely to find, with excellent pictures from early germination to more mature seedling/plant. It also has clear diagrams of the main features to look out for and the usual basic information on the plants themselves.
It has handy summaries of the cotyledon and seedling photos for quick reference and is very easy to use. The only thing is that it's lacking a few more species as i dont think its extensive enough. Its a great starting point but it is likely that more information is liekly to be needed for extensive identification.
This should not put you off for use in the garden though, as it is a great little book. It has however limited the star rating to 4 rather than 5 as i think it could still work and be double the size.
Photographs are clear, the format is simple and the information gives as much detail as necessary.
A good buy for professional horticulturalists and hobby gardeners alike.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Pests & Diseases
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Agricultural Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Crop Husbandry
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Horticulture
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Agriculture & Farming
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology