- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Datacolor ColorReader – Color Matching Tool – Identify Paint Color based on RAL and NCS
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- FAST AND PORTABLE - Bluetooth connected color selection device used to match anything that inspires you or your clients to a paint color in just seconds.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY - Designed for professional contractors, designers, decorators, architects, facility managers, and DIYers. This is a must have tool for professional results.
- MONEY SAVER- Save time and money with the best first shot match success rate of greater than 94%.
- EASY MATCH - Match multi-brand color collections, coordinate color schemes and share custom color palettes.
- CONNECT TO YOUR PHONE - Mobile app comes loaded with color standards of NCS and RAL.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Datacolor Spyder5EXPRESS - S5X100
X-Rite ColorMunki Photographer Kit, Black
Datacolor Spyder5CAPTURE PRO - S5CAP100
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Datacolor Europe AG||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Datacolor Europe AG|
|Item Dimensions||6.9 x 2.89 x 2.89 cm||6.93 x 7.44 x 4.34 cm||19.28 x 14.2 x 5.21 cm||40.64 x 15.24 x 25.4 cm|
Size Name: ColorReader
Datacolor ColorReader is a low cost, ultra-portable, Bluetooth connected, color selection device to determine colors. The app shows you the closest color match from the RAL or NCS color assortment including color codes. With these you can then have your paint mixed in your hardware store or digitally processed on the computer. Whenever your project requires Wall paint, watercolor brush, paint roller, wallpaper or easel, you will usually need a RAL, CMYK or NCS color fan or a color chart to find the right color mix. It works with the ColorReader digitally without annoying scrolling in a color chart in a color book or color atlas. Found your trend color, just set the colorimeter on the target color and measure. You will immediately see the RAL and NCS 1950 colors closest to your color, including CIELAB, RGB, CMYK, HEX, LCh, LRV and delta *e values. You always have the matching color card digitally at hand and can thus do without the purchase of classic fan deck. Another advantage: The ColorReader is not subject to wear. But even if you have to hit a certain color, as is often the case when restoring furniture or painting walls, the ColorReader performs well. Its Quality Check feature allows you to accurately check if a hue has been hit. Creating and Sharing Color Palettes: Create your own color harmony to visualize the right combination of your interior, emulsion, watercolor or acrylic paint. Your personal color combination you can then share with your partner or customers via the app. The associated smartphone app is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Customers also shopped for
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
To summarize... This device is not worth $100. Also, it requires 2 people for operation which is not good. One person has to hold the device perfectly flat against a surface and another person has to press a button on the phone to take a reading. Finally, the software on the app is not great. It tells you the "collection name" instead of the name of the company that makes the paint. So it may say "Great Ocean Collection" and then you have to research that on Google to see that it's a Sherwin Williams or Benjamin more brand.
First time running the free app for Android and iOS, it will need sometime to download all the fan decks, but once that is done the app is responsive and easy to navigate. Whatever color you read with your ColorReader will be matched against those fan decks and the best matching returned.
This is much better alternative to purchasing multiple paint samples and trying them out, and is in my opinion the best bang for the buck.