Customer reviews

on 13 January 2002
As a technical person I found the book inspiring, but lacking in implementation detail.
There is information about the additive colour wheel which is great, and I've created some excellent colour schemes using it. But where all the web-colours fit is left to the reader to work out.
Similarly, there's a page on lustre, iridescence and luminoscity which look great, but I can't work out how to implement them from the information provided.
I did learn a lot from this book and my designs and pages will be, I'm sure, much improved. I'm also confident talking about colour now. But I just know there's so much more to learn about the subject, and at the price I expected something more.
on 17 June 2002
I'm an experienced web designer and, if you are too, then don't bother with this book. This book is devoid of new and practically useful advice. "Designing Web Graphics 2" had all of this years ago, there is nothing really useful here, and little in the way of useful colour combinations as I hoped that there might be. For a more interesting exploration of the concepts this book touches on, buy the Edward R Tufte books.
I'm afraid this is a wishy washy book, little information, and little of that of great interest (at least, not to someone who has been in the game a while).Lots of blown up colour palette pics, definitions of things like luminosity, explanations of hexidecimal colour references etc.
Sorry, if you wrote this book., but I wish I'd read this reference before buying...