Color Matters: Skin Tone Bias and the Myth of a Postracial America (New Directions in American History) Paperback – 9 Dec 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Distinctions based on skin tone are not as obvious as overt discrimination between black versus white, and therefore are rarely acknowledged. The glare of race obscures this more subtle form of discrimination. Color Matters casts a revealing light on this (often) taboo subject. Summing Up: Highly recommended." -W. Glasker, Rutgers, USA in CHOICE
About the Author
Kimberly Jade Norwood is Professor of Law and Professor of African and African American Studies at Washington University, St. Louis.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Black Studies