Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 June 2007
Be warned. From the description - Complete Course, audio book - you might think you are getting the works. Not so: all this is, is a series of audio tracks to accompany a book which you must buy separately. Without the book pretty usless.
on 29 May 2013
When these CDs arrived they had a cover for the 'Colloquial Swahili' CD... alas, this set the tone for the quality of them.

As the previous reviewer said, this product is just the set of CDs to go with the book of the same name and the CDs fall into the same trap as the book in that they clearly haven't been made with any consideration of what someone buying them and using them actually needs e.g. clear explanations, clear speech, slow recordings with time to work out what's being said. The recordings on the CDs are rushed, often with bits of words 'swallowed' as people do when talking to their friends in everyday life, which is not practical for a learner. I used the recordings for the first couple of chapters of the book, but gave up on them after a while. I've been trying to learn Tamil since my wife is a Tamil speaker. The book was of some use, but really if you're thinking of buying these, I would save your money and find someone who actually speaks Tamil if you can.
on 10 March 2016
I received the CD on time and everything was very good. It is a CD which should be used with the corresponding book, I had already the book. Very useful for me. I agree that it might be difficult for a beginner who is just starting to learn, but for a false beginner who already became a little bit used to the language, it is a great help. The recordings are very natural and show how people really speak in what concerns the speed and accent. (I am a false beginner but I can distinguish almost every word of the recordings looking at the text.) I am enjoying it!