Collins Gem - Stars Paperback – 4 Jan 2000
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
'Collins Gem Stars' provides details of all 88 constellations of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, complete with star charts and a star atlas of the entire sky, ideal for practical observation of the stars throughout the world all year round.
• Features individual charts for all 88 constellations
• Describes the brightest stars and main objects of interest to be seen with the naked eye, binoculars and small telescopes
• Includes a star atlas of the entire sky and charts the stars visible each season
About the Author
Ian Ridpath and Wil Tirion are authors of the Collins Pocket Guide to Stars and Planets and The Monthly Sky Guide (CUP). Ian is editor of Norton’s Star Atlas and the Oxford Dictionary of Astronomy, and author of Star Tales. Wil is author of Sky Atlas 2000.0.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The basic layout is perfect, with seasonal maps of the celestial sphere, followed by sections and maps for each individual constellation and descriptions of their points of interest (Messier objects, etc.)
Lastly, it fits in your top pocket and is dirt cheap. What more could you want?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology