Customer reviews

on 21 September 2006
We've never used this for teaching our son how English words are spelled, for the simple reason that his first language is Dutch and he's till to young to begin English at school. Instead, we gave it to him when he was only one year old and successfully used it make sure he knew the English words for things. He was quickly inseparable from it. It really is superbly put together: the child characters (four year olds?) are seen doing things in a number of different situations any preschooler would recognize (playschool, supermarket, street) with a guide to counting at the back. A final point is that Nick Sharrret's illustrations are aesthetically very pleasing as well as lively and colorful.
on 16 September 2001
Mum[40]Thomas[4]James[2] I have recently took on the challenge of teaching my children french,as if I dont have enough to do! My last formal contact with the language being quite a few years ago at school.However undaunted I began,and in my quest I found by accident this lovely gem. Drawn to it by its simple language and use of Nick Sharratt's engaging illustrations.The use of familiar every day situations captured the childrens attention.The book recently came into its own during a visit to France to play i-spy. Older children like my 4 year old will find it fun as they master the language and at this age they like challenge. It is easy to handle even for small hands,clear script in french with their english equivelant,and accompaying pictures make it easy Even with my rusty knowledge, french is fun again.Go on give it a go your kids will love you for it.
on 15 February 2013
My son loves this book. It is perfect for his age. He can sit for a long time reading this book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse