The Collected Works of P. A. M. Dirac: Volume 1: 1924–1948: 1924-48 Hardcover – 26 Oct 1995
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'By editing Dirac's collected works from 1924 to 1948, Richard Dalitz (emeritus professor of theoretical physics at Oxford University) has helped reveal the breadth and depth of Dirac's interests … Dalitz has arranged Dirac's collected works in a simple and lucid way. Following a seven-page chronology of Dirac's life, the papers are arranged by order of publication … A complete bibliography of Dirac's works rounds out this massive tome.' American Scientist
'To summarize: anyone interested in the physical sciences can enjoy browsing through this book; for the professional historian of twentieth century physics it will be invaluable.' M. J. Seaton The Observatory
P. A. M. Dirac was one of this century's most outstanding physicists, and was awarded the Nobel Prize for physics in 1933 at the age of just thirty-one. This comprehensive volume contains all of Dirac's scientific publications between 1924 and 1948 in their original form, complete with translations for the few not in English.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Atomic & Molecular
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Nuclear
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Quantum Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics