- Paperback: 410 pages
- Publisher: Fyfield Books; New edition edition (26 Feb. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1857547098
- ISBN-13: 978-1857547092
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 3.6 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 147,609 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Collected Poems Paperback – 26 Feb 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A significant landmark in literary history." --Andrew Motion, poet and author, "The Cinder Path"
"A significant landmark in literary history." Andrew Motion, poet and author, "The Cinder Path""
"I commend this collection . . . it reflects the sheer plentitude of Gurney's output. It is a joy to explore." Robert J. Yates, "Ivor Gurney Society Journal""
About the Author
Ivor Gurney was a prolific composer and poet and the author of "War Letters." As a result of his involvement in World War I, he spent the last 16 years of his life in mental institutions. P. J. Kavanagh is a writer, an editor, and a former columnist for the "Spectator" and the "Times Literary Supplement." He is the author of "Collected Poems," "The Perfect Stranger," and "Voices in Ireland" and the editor of "The Essential G. K. Chesterton" and "The Oxford Book of Short Poems." He is the recipient of the Cholmondeley Award for poetry, the Guardian Fiction Prize, and the Richard Hillary Prize.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was very impressed with his work and saddened by his last years in an Asylum.