Collaborative Consultation with Parents and Infants in the Perinatal Period Paperback – 30 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Very practical, but still grounded in research . . . a novel and valuable contribution to the infant mental health literature." --Angela M. Tomlin, Ph.D.
About the Author
Zack Boukydis, Ph.D., is a developmental/clinical psychologist whose career has been devoted to research and clinical work with mothers, families, and babies. He is the editor or coeditor of three books: "Support for Parents and Infants: A Manual for Parenting Organizations and Professionals" (Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1986), "Research on Support for Parents and Infants in the Postnatal Period" (Ablex, 1987), and "Infant Crying: Theoretical and Research Perspectives" (with Barry M. Lester, Plenum Press, 1985), as well as the author of numerous research publications and grants. Throughout his career, Dr. Boukydisa s work has focused on the influence of infant crying on parents, the neurobehavioral development of at-risk infants (including preterm and substance-exposed infants), interventions to support families in neonatal intensive care units and mothers and infants in drug treatment programs, and an ultrasound consultation program in which practitioners join with mothers and families in watching their baby during routine ultrasound screens in obstetric clinics. He is a focusing coordinator and focusing-oriented therapist with the Focusing Institute of New York and has developed a special international training program, Focusing- Oriented Parent-Infant Consultation: Bringing Focusing to Work with Parents and Infants. He is also a trainer on the NICU Network Neurobehavioral Scale (NNNS; Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2004) in the United States, Europe, and Africa. Dr. Boukydis was a member of the Harris Professional Development Network and was a Fulbright Fellow between the United States and Hungary. Dr. Boukydis is currently on the editorial review board of the "Journal of Visualized Experiments" and is a reviewer for "Acta Paediatrica." He is on the faculty of the Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis Medical School, and the Institute of Psychology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary, and is Visiting Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Turku, Turku, Finland. "
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Family Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Paediatrics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Paediatrics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences