Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Size: 4 Plus|Change

on 26 July 2010
This is great quality tent. As others have said there is plenty of head room in the middle area and the sleeping areas are a comfortable size to accomodate two adults. They will just fit a double airbed. Quick to erect and very sturdy.The ground sheet in the middle area has turned up sides to keep out wet. It also folds down into quite a compact size comfortable enough to carry.
If you are looking for a good quality simple tent for short trips etc. you wont be disappointed with this tent.
on 10 May 2011
We bought this tent last year at the end of season as we have decided to return to camping as a family (four of us, two adults and one child and a dog!). I really liked the Coleman Coastline 4 BUT was put off by the reviews here and elsewhere regarding water-tightness and the doors fastenings. In the end we opted for this tent.

It is fairly straightforward to put up and with two of us reading the instructions it took only 15mins in the field, not too bad. I am sure next time will be quicker as we now know where it all goes. Once up the tent is roomy without being enormous, but we felt the living area once gear is stored away, a little cramped. My son's sleeping area was great, but with our double-inflatable in ours it was a little tight as the airbed touch the sides almost all round.

During the warm heat of the day, we found the dual doors a blessing as both let a steady breeze blow through and kept the tent cool. During the evening, both doors shut and some picnick rugs on the floor, it was warm enough without additional heating.

Packing away was simple and we managed first time to fit it all in the ample bag. Overall, a good quality tent and suits us, although having seen the Coleman Coastline 4 in the flesh recently, I think the coastline is a better style of tent with more room internally but doesn't feel as sturdy as this one does and the issues with the doors have not been resolved apparently. Therefore I am glad we chose this tent anyway.

The only addition we have made for future trips is we invested in the Coleman universal porch which protects the door on this tent in foul weather and provides additional living/storage/cooking space and we felt was worth the money - in fact with the current discounted Amazon price, you can get both together for nigh on what we paid for the tent alone, so good deal!

In short a good quality, basic, sturdy tent ideal for smaller families, great for the price, but not perfect for all groups and perhaps there are better designs out there.
22 Comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2010
easy to erect. large space bedrooms. we had a heavy rain for one whole night and everything was dry and safe. for me the only problem is that there's no mesh at the entrance but for that low price it's ok.
on 10 June 2012
We got this tent to take to a festival, with the idea that it would give us more storage/stand up space. It was much bigger than I expected so great on that score. I've had tents using a similar structure before, so it was easy to put up.

In typical, UK `Bank Holiday/festival' fashion, it then rained solidly for around 30 hours with howling wind. There were about 3 drips from where a tab attached the outer tent to one of the inner compartments (which I'll spray when I next put it up) but really, hardly anything. All in all, I have to say we were really impressed with how well it coped! It was very strong even though tents all around us were being battered and flooded. In fact quite a few had been abandoned by the time we woke up on the final day, warm and dry! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a reliable, strong tent and although we only used it for a weekend, I wouldn't hesitate to use it for longer in the future, due to amount of room inside.

This wasn't a problem for us, but please be aware that the sleeping compartments are nearly exactly the same size as a double airbed, fitting sideways on. I did not find it caused the compartments to touch the outer sheet, but it does mean one person has the tent overhanging them a little bit. But then again if you're that claustrophobic, i suppose you wouldn't fancy camping anyway...
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2010
Good tent for the price. In my opinion it is only a 'summer' tent and is best used as a two man tent with the other sleeping place used as a luggage/changing area. Four normal sized people would find it cramped. In bad weather the wind howls underneath the outer covers but the tent did not leak even in heavy rain. The most annoying aspect is inserting and withdrawing the poles. They tend to snag on the material and one has to be very careful not to tear the tent.
on 15 August 2010
This tent is ideal for two friends (one bedroom pod each with plenty of room for personal kit), but might be a bit cramped for four. It very much depends on how you are going to use it.

I used it (with a friend) for a weeks camping, with the kitchen/storage areas located elsewhere. For my purposes, it was a great sleeping tent, with plenty of room to store extra items in the central area, good headroom and easy to pitch/dismantle.

A good design point was the air vents above the bedrooms - they could be fixed in an open position for ventilation during the day and shut at night. It can get very cold at night with the vents in an open position, as I discovered to my cost...

There were also little zippered openings in the sleeping pods, to allow you to run a cable into the sleeping area if you wanted to.

Overall, this is a great little sleeping tent.
on 16 August 2015
I thought that I would leave it a year before reviewing. After several trips I can say I'm very pleased with this tent.

On our last trip we had heavy rain for 16 hours straight and there was the tiniest bit of water which was good considering the rain.

Loads of space and well made. Only criticism is instructions or lack of. My advice practice before you go each time until you get it like we did. Now takes no time at all.
on 21 June 2011
According to the instructions (well, a few diagrams, hardly to be called 'instructions') this tent should take about 30mins to put up. However if you're not an expert then make sure you spend a bit of time in your garden figuring it out - it took us 2 hours the first time we did it to get the thing up (not helped very much by the poor 'instructions') I'm sure it will take much less time next time around, but glad we weren't doing it for the first time late at night on a campsite with tired, whingey kids and professional tent-erectors looking on!!! Having got it up, we found it to be a very good size - room for 6 inflatable mattresses to fit comfortably in the 'bedrooms' and good space in the central area, with plenty of head room. Looking forward to camping out somewhere other than the back garden now....
on 2 September 2011
This is a good sturdy tent. It was easy to put up and straightforward. One person could do it on their own but it is easier with two.
The only disappointment was that we thought from the picture that it had a sewn in ground sheet but it did have a detachable one that was bit tricky to fit. Otherwise a good buy!
on 4 July 2016
Great tent for warmer weather. I bought this and was surprised to find that when inside you are still exposed to the out side and not completely closed off unless you zip yourself into the sleeping areas. Fine for summer but England is never guaranteed warm. Even once in those areas there is only a thin perforated barrier in some areas which leaves it pretty cool. Would be a great tent if the ground sheet connected to the sides in one.