Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
Coleman 3+ Coastline Tent, Green/Grey, 3 Person
- Tunnel tent structure offers a suitable space to weight ratio
- Spacious sleeping area that can accommodate large packs and boots
- Polyester 185t flysheet, sleeping area: 4.2 m², storage area: 3.78 m², pitching surface: 26 m²
- Coastline plus has a pe rising groundsheet which provides weather protection
- Storage area groundsheet is a thick polyethylene to resist heavy use
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Tunnel tent structure offers a suitable space to weight ratio
Spacious sleeping area that can accommodate large packs and boots
Polyester 185T flysheet
Coastline Plus has a PE rising groundsheet which provides weather protection
Storage area groundsheet is a thick polyethylene to resist heavy use
Coleman combine high quality materials, experience and a quest to offer products that focus on your comfort, convenience and performance, wherever your adventure takes you.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
Coleman Coastline 3 Plus
Sturdy, stable and built for easy pitching, this tunnel tent provides excellent space for 3 people with ample living and storage space to cope with all your kit, even on extended stays.
Stay protected from the outdoor elements with the new rising groundsheet that combines the feeling of comfort you get with a sewn-in groundsheet with the excellent ventilation and easy-clean capabilities of a traditional flat groundsheet. Optimum airflow is a key focus on this design with an additional ventilation tile to ensure air circulates throughout the tent.
Coastline Plus Range Features:
Tunnel tent structure offers a good space to weight ratio.
There is a spacious sleeping area in addition to a large storage area that can accommodate large packs and boots.
Polyester 185T flysheet
The Coastline Plus has a PE rising groundsheet which provides weather protection.
The storage area groundsheet is a thick PE to resist heavy use.
The bedroom also features strong and resistant PE.
Breathable polyester and no-see-um mesh inner is lightweight and bug-resistant.
It features fibreglass poles.
The pole sections are short enough for them to be packed easily into a rucksack.
The riser groundsheet allows cool air to enter at the base of thetent and then warm air is pushed out through the ventilation panels.
Large storage space provides plenty of room for backpacks and equipment and has a good head height.
Features 2 doors so you do not need to re-pitch if the wind direction changes.
Optimally place guy-lines along the poles and around the tent ensure stability in high winds. Y-guy-lines provide support but less strain on the tent poles.
Up in one pitching allows for quick and easy pitching; the inner bedroom is pre-attached and it can be left in when packing the tent away.
Colour coded poles and pole sleeves and bedroom inner hooks minimise pitching errors.
PVC windows increase visibility and allow light into the tent but provide privacy when required.
The power cord vent is a convenient opening so that you can run an electricity cable into the tent.
Coleman Coastline 3 Plus Specifications:
- Set up: Flysheet first
- Capacity: 3 person
- Sleeping area: 4.2 M²
- Storage area: 3.78 M²
- Pitching surface: 26 M²
- Headroom: 140 cm
- Carry bag type: Rectangular with zipper opening
- Pack size: 66 x 18 x 18 cm
- Weight: 7.01 Kg
Simple and Quick to Pitch
The simple, quick-pitch tunnel design which will ensure you spend more time enjoying your holiday activities and less time grappling with a difficult tent structure.
Better Head Room Throughout
Offers full head height throughout, optimally utilising the internal space.
The Coleman WeatherTec+ system includes the following weather proofing features:
- Weather Resistant Fabrics.
Specially designed, treated material repels water and protects you and your gear.
- Leak-free Flysheet Seams.
Seams are taped to prevent water from entering the tent through needle holes.
- Protected Seams.
Inverted groundsheet seams keep water out.
- Zipper Guard
Increased protection with large zipper cuffs and inverted zippers.
- Waterproof Groundsheet.
Our strong polyethylene groundsheets have welded seams, sealing out water.
- Water Column
A measure of the waterproof coating of the outer fabric of the tent.
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other design features we like include:
The way the sleeping quarter is separated - though connected - to the outer tent layer.
The bucket design of the floor-sheet in the 'veranda' bit.
The see-through margins on the outer front-door of the tent. This makes it easy to check the weather status from shelter – especially if it keeps raining intermittently. This has unexpected practical uses when it rains all day and there’s nowhere else to go (other than the toilets)…
The little gap between the sleeping quarter and the floor-sheet for the 'veranda' bit (a good place to put muddy shoes - sheltered from the rain but not muddying everything else)
The front flap which holds open so you can enjoy a (hopefully) good view whilst sat under shelter (see 2/2 photos)
In terms of putting the tent up, that's been fairly easy (depending on the state of the ground beneath as with any tent/camping expeience). It’s pretty much just like putting any other tent up. On the inside, once you have connected the inner sleeping quarters, I'd suggest leaving that attached (yes, the tent will still fold away just as well). The rest is fairly straight forward. Inside the tent itself, there's lots of bits to hang things off and pockets big enough to house things like toiletry bags etc.
There's only 2 things that let this tent down. If it weren't for these 2 things, we'd give it 5 stars...
1. When it was pissing it down in the Dordogne in June, the side-door zips started leaking water into the 'veranda' bit (despite the bit of waterproof(?) fabric covering the zips). It seems (?) that somehow this led to the bit of fabric above the side-doors then also starting to leak. This bit got very wet, and drops of water started coming through. So we had to put a cooking pot underneath to collect the drops. PLEASE NOTE - This was the only part of the tent that leaked. This issue only happened under heavy rain and has never during or since affected the sleeping quarters or any other part of the tent! As such, it is not indicative of a problem with the whole tent, just the side-door zips, the fabric just above them, and perhaps only with our particular model.
2. The tent's fabric seems to hold onto a noticeable amount of water all around the outside. Once in Normandy and again since in North Yorkshire, when it came time to pack up the tent, I had to go round the outside of the tent with a camping towel, wiping water off the tent fabric. I don't know if it's an issue with the coating on the fabric, but even where the fabric is at an angle, enough water to noticeably wet a towel sticks around such that you either have to leave the tent up to dry or dry it yourself. It's not a big deal for us, but if you'd rather not pack your tent with more water than necessary, then this might be worth considering.
1. User friendly (easy to put up and down)
2. Versatile to suit conditions (you can comfortably enjoy good views from the comfort of the tent whatever the weather)
4. Good airflow throughout
5. Tent lines are a fluorescent green/yellow colour which makes them hard to miss!
The Not So Good:
1. The side-door zips leak under heavy rain (at least our model did).
2. The tent fabric seems to hold onto more water that seems normal which can make it a mess to pack away.
Overall, despite a couple of niggling issues, this is still a good tent at a good price. Spacious for 2 and designed for a pleasant experience. Would we buy it again if we knew the minor issues I've mentioned? Yes, definitely. The good definitely outweighs the not so good.
Key points (3 man tent):
- its easy to set up. 3 flexible colour coded poles which you could manage on your own (don't require super human strength to bend and locate in holes). 3 sections - outer sheet with about 10 pegging points plus guy ropes, inner sleeping sections which hooks (around 10 toggles) to inside of outer sheet and also at base with elesticated hooks and a ground sheet for the porch. No problems with any of this. Erected it comfortably in 10-15 minutes. If you were in a rush you could peg the outer, forget the guys and just insert the sleeping section in about 5-10 mins.
- as with most tent sizing deduct 1 from the stated spec and you have yourself a spacious sleeping compartment. This could comfortably fit 3 but 2 feels lik the optimum (assuming you are not backpacking - it is quite bulky and weighty at 7kilos).
- weather was good when i used it so porch functioned mainly for storage - generous. Would easily form a workable space if weather poor.
- on packing found it near impossible to get everything back into the carry bag and had to leave the groundsheet out - still a squeeze for the other components.
All in all a well priced functional tent which was very easy to set up. Will update after further use.
The tent rates as 5 star.
Only issue was on second use one of the metal sleeves (joins poles together) split, thankfully nearby campers helped out with tape and tools and it worked for the weekend.
Now the disappointing bit - rang Coleman today to order a replacement pole section, only to be told they do not keep spares for this tent!!!! despite it still being for sale.
Just hoping one of the numerous generic parts I’ve ordered will do the job.
It's quite easy to set it up once you've done it before.
Good quality material too.
Most recent customer reviews
At 5"2 (1.Read more