Cognitive Therapy of Anxiety Disorders: Science and Practice Hardcover – 11 Nov 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Cognitive Therapy of Anxiety Disorders will serve as a master text on the overall direction in which this work should be heading. It should also serve as a solid starting point for other writers, such as myself, who are working towards describing more fully what CBT looks like in practice – warts and all!" - Frank Wills, Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal, July 2010
"The authors provide students and practitioners with the strong theoretical base that is a sine qua non for effective treatment. They show how cognition links up with multiple other etiological factors in anxiety and hence can serve well as a treatment target and focus. Marvelous, instructive clinical pearls accompany each theoretical point. An excellent chapter on assessment contains all the necessary rating forms needed for patient evaluation and monitoring of outcomes. Treatment techniques are described in depth; the book concludes with outstanding disorder-specific chapters. The definitive text." - Peter P. Roy-Byrne, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine at Harborview Medical Center, USA
About the Author
David A. Clark, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the University of New Brunswick, Canada. He has published seven books, including Intrusive Thoughts in Clinical Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment; Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for OCD; and Scientific Foundations of Cognitive Theory and Therapy of Depression, as well as over 100 articles and chapters on various aspects of cognitive theory and therapy of depression and anxiety disorders. Dr. Clark is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association, a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and a recipient of the Academy’s Aaron T. Beck Award for significant and enduring contributions to cognitive therapy. He is an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Cognitive Therapy and maintains a private practice.
Aaron T. Beck, MD, is the founder of cognitive therapy, University Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania, and President Emeritus of the Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Dr. Beck is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Albert Lasker Clinical Medical Research Award, the American Psychological Association (APA) Lifetime Achievement Award, the American Psychiatric Association Distinguished Service Award, the Robert J. and Claire Pasarow Foundation Award for Research in Neuropsychiatry, and the Institute of Medicine's Sarnat International Prize in Mental Health and Gustav O. Lienhard Award.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book provides models and formulations for GAD, Panic, Social Phobia, PTSD and OCD as well as general guide to the diagnosing,assessing, formulating and treating of anxiety disorders. It also provides information and guides about the cognitive and behavioural treatment of anxiety disorders, these elements are then made specific for each of the anxiety disorders in the text.
All in all a very thorough and deep text for any pratcicing CBT therapist.
Esential reading for the CBT practitioner.
Sean Mellor CBT Therapist.
Master Degree in Clinical Psychology
(ex) Director of Clinical Psychology Department of Lorvão Psychiatric Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences