- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
F1 2012 (PS3)
|Price:||£13.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- F1 2012 (PS3)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
In F1 2012 players will feel the unparalleled thrill of becoming a Formula One driver with a host of new features, wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements and extensive competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship, including the debut of the 2012 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix at Austin, Texas and the return of Germany's famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar.
A new Young Drivers Test teaches players how to control the world’s most responsive motor racing cars and accessible new controls ensure fans of all abilities are eased into the world of FORMULA ONE. New dynamic localised weather require race-changing strategy calls to be made on the fly, and multiplayer modes extend the challenge in co-op, split-screen and 12 player online modes. F1 2012 – feel it!
- Features all the stars, cars and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- The next game in the BAFTA award-winning series from Codemasters Racing Studios
- Prove yourself in split-screen, co-op championships and online against 16 players plus 8 AI to simulate full 24 car grids
- Debut ahead of the drivers at the new Circuit of The Americas, home of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX
- Make race-defining strategy calls as localised weather dynamically changes circuit conditions
- Test yourself against the greats – take on six Drivers’ World Champions in dramatic racing challenges in Champions Mode
- New Young Drivers Test includes new tutorials to learn how to master motorsport’s most responsive cars
- Can you hunt down glory in just ten races in Season Challenge?
- Use KERS and DRS for new attack and defence options –speed past riv
Top Customer Reviews
Lovely game, would recommend!
The game play is simply fantastic, the graphics are amazing, the AI are intelligent and the handling of the cars is much much better. But what really makes this game stand out compared to its predecessors are the game modes that are additional to the standard 20 race career mode.
Season Challenge Mode is an enjoyable condensed version of a season where you race at random tracks with the aim of beating a rival. Once successful you have the option to drive in their seat at their team making the season more interesting as you can hop up and down the grid, with a fresh rival to beat at every other race.
There's also Champions Mode where there are six scenarios where you are placed against each of the F1 World Champions where you have so many laps to overcome a special circumstance, such as a safety car period, rain or a pit stop to beat them. The seventh scenario puts you against all 6 world champions in a race where you must beat them all.
Another nice touch is the Young Drivers Test which is basically a tutorial which allows you to master the controls and progress on to you career. More teams are available to drive for at the start of a season depending on how well you do here.
TV style commentary has also made a brief return with commentary snippets used before scenarios in season and champions challenge modes. It eradicates any loneliness felt in the last few games.
Penalties have also been improved dramatically, if you accidentally completely cut across a chicane the game automatically slows you done so you can't be penalised for cheating.Read more ›
The menus look really slick and the in game graphics show an amazing amount of detail, even down to the moving of the grass blades by the track. Even the track from Austin Texas is included and it is really good. If you are an F1 fan, you need this game.
Full marks to Codemasters and all who have been involved in this game. A good job !
First thing i enjoyed was the new Young Drivers Test. This gives you a detailed, but simplistic look at the science behind racing an F1 car. Gone are the days when you just raced with default aerodynamics, or default tyres, as this feature will show you what the little tweaks actually do.
Second major difference was the difficulty/realism. On past games I would start a career in a Torro Rosso (or similar guff team) and win or at least be in the points every race. Obviously this is ridiculous and makes for not much of a challenge (no way trying hard difficulty as i would get completely trashed = no fun). Playing this game on similar difficulties didn't seem much different at first (started in 24th, was 8th after the first corner) but as the first lap got going i realised that the cars in front were pulling away and the cars behind were being held up. The result of this was that i started to defend my position and by matter of working harder, i got faster and more aggressive in my driving. This made for 'sick to the power of rad' driving and i found myself eating away at the laps. Soon enough the 15 lap race (the minimum laps) was over and i had finished 12th, which on previous games would have been utterly terrible, but on this, i felt a great sense of achievement.
- Smoother Graphics
- Better AI - More challenging and better defending fellow racers
- Smoother gameplay
- Menu is quite weird to try and navigate as you seem to go all over the place, just to get where you want.
- Games Teams and Drivers will run out soon as it is this current season's cars.
Summary of the game:
- Obviously being 2012 you get all the 2012 cars and tracks.
- Graphics have improved even more, not as pixelated.
- The sound is incredible, have had to turn the volume down a few times!
- Physics are very good, definitely no arcade handling here. You will notice this the most when you lose your front wing!
- DRS and KERS are included and can make the racing much more exciting.
- Young driver test is very useful for getting back in the racing seat, especially if you haven't played an F1 game for a while!
- Proving ground is good fun, can kill a few hours if you've got no internet.
- Haven't played the career mode so can't comment on that. I don't have the urge to go and play the career as you can already play with all the cars online. The career would gain my attention more if you had to unlock the teams before you play them online. Just a thought...
- Online has been used the most. You can have a lot of great fun in the races with many options to choose, from no. of laps to driving assists. It can also be challenging with the tasks of matching a race result (for example have to get 2nd place from starting at 6th), but does give you that motivation to push harder.
- However, I have found when searching for online parties that they don't update as quick as the races.On a few occasions I have clicked on a party that says "in lobby", yet when I join the party they are on lap 2, grrr! Also found the penalty system to be right MOST OF the time. Sometimes I feel it has been a bit unfair, but that's my opinion...
Overall, a very enjoyable game to play for the F1 enthusiasts and people who enjoy a good race. This should keep them busy till lights out in Australia next year!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the toughest game I ever played with, very entertaining and realisticPublished 13 months ago by Cliente Amazon