- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Basic Books; 2nd Revised ed. edition (5 Dec. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0465039146
- ISBN-13: 978-0465039142
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 2.5 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 310,333 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Code: And Other Laws of Cyberspace, Version 2.0 Paperback – 5 Dec 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"[Lessig] is fast emerging as the nation's most original thinker in the new field of cyberspace."
"A book that's sometimes as brilliant as the best teacher you ever had, sometimes as pretentious as a deconstructionists' conference."
"In this remarkably clear and elegantly written book, [Lessig] takes apart many myths about cyberspace and analyzes its underlying architecture."
The "alarming and impassioned" book on how the Internet is redefining constitutional law, now reissued as the first popular book revised online by its readers.
"A remarkable work on the philosophy of this new medium, his latest book asks all the big questions about the role of government, commerce and the invisible hand of technology in shaping life as it is increasingly lived online."
"Lawrence Lessig is a James Madison of our time, crafting the lineaments of a well-tempered cyberspace. This book is a primer of 'running code' for digital civilization. Like Madison, Lessig is a model of balance, judgement, ingenuity and persuasive argument." -- Stewart Brand
About the Author
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Intellectually, this is therefore an extraordinary, eye-opening, paradigm shifting, challenging, exhilarating read. (I note some previous comments that this is a book for lawyers: I'm a lawyer, so perhaps that explains my enthusiasm, but this is no ordinary legal text, and should be of interest to anyone with a political, philosophical or scientific bone in their body.)
Lawrence Lessig charts, with a fair bit of technical specificity, the technical and epistemological grounds for thinking that the internet revolution (and specifically the "Web 2.0" revolution) is as significant as any societal shift in human history. Generally, this is not news for people in the IT industry - who deal with its implications day to day - but for our legal brethren, who tend of be of a conservative (f not technophobic) stripe, this ought to be as revelatory (and revolutionary) as Wat Tyler's march on London. Now we have a hyperlinked, editable digital commons, the assumptions with which we have constructed our society need to be rethunk.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
there is no much to say about this brilliant book which follows a path of the first version that influenced so much the cyberlaw...must read....Published on 10 Jan. 2011 by snygg
I have to agree partly with another reviewer who says that this is what you would expect from a lawyer. But that is where our agreement ends. Read morePublished on 14 Aug. 2002 by S. Yogendra
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-commerce
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > Jurisdictions Other Than England & EU
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication
- Books > Science & Nature
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences